As a Survivor do you ever take it easy on the Killer?

I am not a very good killer ^^" By that I mean I am not very good at playing them, but that doesn't stop me! I am just here to have fun and enjoy playing both sides.

The tldr; learning Nemmy - got stomped by swf - not being toxic and clearly learning - title question.

Anyways I am learning to play Nemesis so I guess you can say I'm extra bad right now hahaha. I got into a match which I assume was a swf and 3 gens were done before I got my first down. No worries its just practice.

I go to hook that survivor and 2 other survivors come and body block the hook from me. By the time I got to the hook and punched them each once the other survivor wiggled free. Clicky clicky but dance ensued. Oof. Felt bad.

I wasn't being toxic, I even brought cake, and it must have been clear that I wasn't very good :P So why the body block? Worst case I would have gotten 1 more survivor hooked. It was clear they were the winners. Plus, don't we all get more bloodpoints for hooking and unhooking?

Anyways, I see a lot of 'killers suck and play toxic' threads and wanted to share my match experience. When I play my stronger Killers I adjust my play depending on the survivors. If there is a DC then I play extra soft so the match can go on but its not a steam roll. You get my point ^^

So my question is, as a Survivor do you ever dial back your play style if you notice a Killer is new/ learning? Or do you feel you always gotta be kicking but and going full throttle since there are a lot of toxic killers out there?

(I am not saying body blocking is bad btw, it has a time and place, but after that experience the match was done for me. The 4th gen popped and they made it clear hooking wasn't going to happen so I went to admire the zombies (which are totally wonky btw ^^"))

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  • @ReviloDBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/264606/as-a-survivor-do-you-ever-take-it-easy-on-the-killer

    From my own personal experience playing Killer ... There are no friendly Survivors.

    During the Event I decided randomly that I would like to learn how to play Nurse, I tried her once like 3-4 years ago around the first time I started to play DBD and I really hated her, but I figured now that I'm a Rank 1 Killer I can try to give her a try again and maybe it will go better.

    I've now played probably around 50 matches with Nurse starting at Rank 1 since the Event started, using a Sacrificial Cake for BP boost every single round. I've deranked down to about Rank 6 multiple times, then I get my Rank back up playing other Killers when I finally get fed up...

    HOWEVER, the point is, your story is exactly true to my experiences which is why I felt the need to comment:

    I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU how clear it is that I am a TOTAL noob Nurse player, I mean I literally miss my Blinks point blank over and over again every single match, and one single Survivor can Loop me often for 3-5 gens...

    You know what has happened to me a TON of times?

    First of all, I get completely Gen Rushed, they don't even bother cleansing a single totem (I'm not using any Hexes)

    Then, EVEN if I actually got my FIRST down AFTER all 5 gens have popped (which has happened to me many times now because how bad I am) they will use Flashlights, Flashbangs, and Bodyblocks to prevent me from even managing to get a SINGLE hook.

    You know what, I don't even mind only getting 1 hook an entire match if that's the one person I've been chasing the entire game and finally downed them.. but when they rob me of even that small bit of pleasure so I can't even get a single hook and they all escape? Well..

    That's when after a few matches I decide to hop on one of my Main Killers and get a 4K +2 pip 32k bp game. lol

    I honestly don't know what the reason Survivors have (even when there are 4-5 Sacrificial Cake Offerings Active) to Bully a Baby Killer. I mean, if they just play around with me a little bit more and actually let me get some hits in, they'll still probably escape AND they'll get more BP too by doing so.

    First, I have only played nurse maybe 5 times and that is because for me it is humiliating ;_; I am down for practicing (that is how you get better) but every time I have tried her I get taunted and even mean messages after the match. Why can't I just play a new killer without being hated? I seem to have bad luck regarding survivors with her ;_;

    But yah, even on my strongest killer I mess up from time to time but that doesn't bother me. If I get 1 or 2 hooks and the survivors were all good then I am happy! I don't take loses seriously. Its a game.

    Last nights game just made me feel like whats the point? Which is rare, I usually don't get down when playing. I see a ton of forums on her about killers needing to play fairly and such so I was curious if on the survivor end people felt new/ learning killers should be treated nicely.

    Thank you for your comment ♡ Keeping working on your nurse. She is my one of my favs to go against ^^ A good nurse gets the blood pumping!

  • The "us vs them" mentality is sometimes too much and makes discussions with people unbearable. No one wants to talk most the time, they just want rant, complain, or fight blindly for a side :<

    I love the game and community but sometimes I have to step away from the hate. When I post I do my best to keep things calm ^^"

    That could be a whole other thread discussion tho and it would be like poking and wasps nests hahaha.

  • I always test the waters whenever i load into a match, if the killer is capable of downing the first person they find quickly then i know i will likely have to keep on my toes, if not, then i know i can relax a bit

  • If they're not tunneling or camping anyone and I can tell maybe they're not the best at chase I'll search chests, do more totems. Basically anything that doesn't involve me gen rushing. Maybe I won't attempt to blind them as much or whatever.

  • Sometimes i cba chasing if the killer is really good so i just run to them when they see me so they can just kill me (i only do this if theres no chance of me escaping anyway)

  • @FancyMrB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2345398#Comment_2345398

    First, I have only played nurse maybe 5 times and that is because for me it is humiliating ;_; I am down for practicing (that is how you get better) but every time I have tried her I get taunted and even mean messages after the match. Why can't I just play a new killer without being hated? I seem to have bad luck regarding survivors with her ;_;

    But yah, even on my strongest killer I mess up from time to time but that doesn't bother me. If I get 1 or 2 hooks and the survivors were all good then I am happy! I don't take loses seriously. Its a game.

    Last nights game just made me feel like whats the point? Which is rare, I usually don't get down when playing. I see a ton of forums on her about killers needing to play fairly and such so I was curious if on the survivor end people felt new/ learning killers should be treated nicely.

    Thank you for your comment ♡ Keeping working on your nurse. She is my one of my favs to go against ^^ A good nurse gets the blood pumping!

    Thanks man, I like your attitude, but yeah to be honest.. at least in Red Ranks, there's no point in expecting any Survivors to "play nice" it just doesn't happen. I mean, it's not impossible, but I've pretty much never ever seen it before.

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    I always test the waters whenever i load into a match, if the killer is capable of downing the first person they find quickly then i know i will likely have to keep on my toes, if not, then i know i can relax a bit

    Totally. If 2 gens pop before the first hook I feel comfortable taking my time ^^

  • If I realise that the killer is not as "skilled" and experienced as I am. I usually take it easy, but not too easy, on them. Because I'm trying to give everyone the best game experience I possibly can.

    (Except Spirits and Deathslingers) xd

  • Depends honestly. If the killer is newer and he is going after everyone/really struggling then kinda. I won't tbag or flashlight click or blind him at pallets, etc. Once the camping and stuff breaks out though where the new killer is actively trying to ruin everyone else's fun I play seriously. I will loop them to no end if I have to. The last thing we need is toxicity in this game and if new people wanna be toxic they get what they deserve from me.

  • I have deliberately allowed myself to be sacrificed on occassion, depending on if the killer jad a really hard time and fell victim to bad matchmaking, or alternatively if the killer has been extremely generous. One match featured 2 DCs, to which the Wraith guided us remaining 2 survivors to gens, allowed us to pallet-drop him and escape. I opened the gates, but then waited for the Wraith to appear, led him to the killer shack basement, then pointed to the hook so he could sacrifice me, which he did.

    It doesn't happen often, but if someone goes out of the way in their game to male mine more tolerable, it's only fair to return the favour. As for newer killers who are set up against far more experienced survivors, I'll allow them hits or a sacrifice because I don't want to put off newer players by acting like an entitled dick.

  • If they don't get any kills by the time the gates open and everyone is able to get out then I go to a hook and point at it to tell them to kill me.

1 2 ›