I think Ranks should only be updated on the 13th
Dbd is such a crapshoot game, so many elements are out of your control. Any time you take off Calm Spirit, you are guaranteed to face a Doctor, when you take Balanced Landing you'll get a map flatter than my ex, and if you take Kindred+Open Handed, you're guaranteed to face a Wraith.
All of this is just how DbD is and always will be. As such, individual games are not that big of a deal. If you die you die, if you 0k you 0k. I think Ranks adjusting after every match is what fuels toxicity that extends into new games even if its an unconscious thing.
If you decide to play a different killer like Nurse, you're going to get your stuffing kicked in. After a couple games, you will quickly go from Rank 1 to Purple very, very fast. But that purple rank isn't properly displaying your skill level, it's just aggregating your most recent games. As soon as you swap back to your main, you're playing like a Red again.
I think only showing your monthly ranking would go a long way for the game's health, despite us loving our stats. I believe it would help us not sweat the small stuff as much.
Comments