Keep in mind that the forums are more likely to contain hardcore players, who are more likely to like horror games in general as well as play other games to understand guest chapters. The forums also contain more PC players, who typically have more money, a higher percentage of adult players, and easier accessibility to RE2 through Steam sales and more convenient downloads.
RE went on sale over the summer on steam and this was likely a part of their marketing plan and I gotta say it worked on me. Not only are licensing agreements lucrative for Dead By Daylight and shift the fanbase / playerbase from X, Y, or Z, encouraging them to try Dead By Daylight- but also encourages Dead By Daylight players to pay attention to certain licenses outside the game and maybe support / affiliate with them.
I'm not going to lie- I bought Resident Evil 2 Remake & Resident Evil 3 Remake over the summer sale because the license showed up in Dead By Daylight. I've already sunk around 10 hrs on my first playthrough as Leon and now I'm starting over and playing through as Claire. I'll probably play again as both of them because it looks like there's a new game+ feature, which apparently changes the ending as well so I'll end up playing it a total of 4 times.
This is probably true for many other Dead By Daylight players as well who became interested or more interested in RE because of the chapter. Interested enough that they'd be willing to buy at least one title if not more. Or at the very least watch gameplay on Youtube or something, so search queries for Resident Evil probably spiked on google and related platforms.
And I'll also be honest I'm having a blast. Resident Evil 2 is definitely a quality game and I had a lot of fun playing through it on my first run- Leon is now an infinitely more interesting character to me now that I've experienced his story and I'm looking forward to finishing my playthrough as Claire, and I'm especially looking forward to Resident Evil 3 where I'll actually get to face Nemesis in his "natural habitat" so to speak. Also: Anybody who says or said Resident Evil that Resident Evil isn't true horror just flat out lied- I definitely freaked the ######### out my fair share during my first playthrough of RE2, and that tension is still there even in my second, the only difference is I know what I'm doing now.
The funny part is, I was able to finish the entirety of my first run of RE2 before I even played on Raccoon City a single time in Dead By Daylight- because they had disabled the map literally on release. Needless to say after spending that much time in the actual Raccoon City Police Department from RE2, I understand the map a LOT better than I would have otherwise just going in raw.
RE went on sale over the summer on steam and this was likely a part of their marketing plan and I gotta say it worked on me. Not only are licensing agreements lucrative for Dead By Daylight and shift the fanbase / playerbase from X, Y, or Z, encouraging them to try Dead By Daylight- but also encourages Dead By Daylight players to pay attention to certain licenses outside the game and maybe support / affiliate with them.
I'm not going to lie- I bought Resident Evil 2 Remake & Resident Evil 3 Remake over the summer sale because the license showed up in Dead By Daylight. I've already sunk around 10 hrs on my first playthrough as Leon and now I'm starting over and playing through as Claire. I'll probably play again as both of them because it looks like there's a new game+ feature, which apparently changes the ending as well so I'll end up playing it a total of 4 times.
This is probably true for many other Dead By Daylight players as well who became interested or more interested in RE because of the chapter. Interested enough that they'd be willing to buy at least one title if not more. Or at the very least watch gameplay on Youtube or something, so search queries for Resident Evil probably spiked on google and related platforms.
And I'll also be honest I'm having a blast. Resident Evil 2 is definitely a quality game and I had a lot of fun playing through it on my first run- Leon is now an infinitely more interesting character to me now that I've experienced his story and I'm looking forward to finishing my playthrough as Claire, and I'm especially looking forward to Resident Evil 3 where I'll actually get to face Nemesis in his "natural habitat" so to speak. Also: Anybody who says or said Resident Evil that Resident Evil isn't true horror just flat out lied- I definitely freaked the ######### out my fair share during my first playthrough of RE2, and that tension is still there even in my second, the only difference is I know what I'm doing now.
The funny part is, I was able to finish the entirety of my first run of RE2 before I even played on Raccoon City a single time in Dead By Daylight- because they had disabled the map literally on release. Needless to say after spending that much time in the actual Raccoon City Police Department from RE2, I understand the map a LOT better than I would have otherwise just going in raw.
Also: Anybody who says or said Resident Evil that Resident Evil isn't true horror just flat out lied- I definitely freaked the [BAD WORD] out my fair share during my first playthrough of RE2, and that tension is still there even in my second, the only difference is I know what I'm doing now.
I only watched RE7 and RE8 (although I got bored and never finished the story; l left at the Heisenberg part, that one is truly boring if you ask me). However, from these two, the only thing that scared me was the baby creature from village. That ######### deserves an award for the scariest horror character to ever exist. Oh, and the Marguerite segment from 7 kinda scared me, but it was more of an anxiety, since I fear any kind of bug, except regular flies and ironically, mousquitos, which I should fear the most since they are the deadliest.
However, I do believe that the first games of the series were scary. Generaly, the oldest pieces from a series are the scariest. And this kinda applies to all the movies I've watched.
Speaking of this, isn't it kinda funny how all the old slasher franchises start off some psycho that kills a few people, and end up with rituals, resurrections and all kinds of magic stuff. Guess that's what happens when you run out of ideas for your movie 🤷🏽
I've not played the remake, but did play the PC title when it came out, and I'm not 100% sure that the layout of both maps is identical. Either because it's been some time since I've played it, or they've made some changes, I'm not fully recognising everything.
I've not played the remake, but did play the PC title when it came out, and I'm not 100% sure that the layout of both maps is identical. Either because it's been some time since I've played it, or they've made some changes, I'm not fully recognising everything.
As far as I know, they said it is pretty much identical. So far, with 20 votes, it seems like there's a 3:2 ratio when it comes with knowing the map. TBH, this should appear as a survey in the game, to see how much it was worth it to create such an awfull map.
I've not played the remake, but did play the PC title when it came out, and I'm not 100% sure that the layout of both maps is identical. Either because it's been some time since I've played it, or they've made some changes, I'm not fully recognising everything.
I can say with full confidence after playing the game very recently that it is very much nearly identical if not entirely identical. After finishing the game myself and then getting my chance to actually be on the map myself I was absolutely blown away.
A few slight differences here and there, mainly in the areas around the exit gates cause you don't really spend that much time outside the RCPD in the game itself (aside from say the area right next to the burning helicopter and the stairs that go down) so obviously that was an invented element for the purposes of the map, but it still looks very true to the setting even if it wasn't originally there.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Keep in mind that the forums are more likely to contain hardcore players, who are more likely to like horror games in general as well as play other games to understand guest chapters. The forums also contain more PC players, who typically have more money, a higher percentage of adult players, and easier accessibility to RE2 through Steam sales and more convenient downloads.
RE went on sale over the summer on steam and this was likely a part of their marketing plan and I gotta say it worked on me. Not only are licensing agreements lucrative for Dead By Daylight and shift the fanbase / playerbase from X, Y, or Z, encouraging them to try Dead By Daylight- but also encourages Dead By Daylight players to pay attention to certain licenses outside the game and maybe support / affiliate with them.
I'm not going to lie- I bought Resident Evil 2 Remake & Resident Evil 3 Remake over the summer sale because the license showed up in Dead By Daylight. I've already sunk around 10 hrs on my first playthrough as Leon and now I'm starting over and playing through as Claire. I'll probably play again as both of them because it looks like there's a new game+ feature, which apparently changes the ending as well so I'll end up playing it a total of 4 times.
This is probably true for many other Dead By Daylight players as well who became interested or more interested in RE because of the chapter. Interested enough that they'd be willing to buy at least one title if not more. Or at the very least watch gameplay on Youtube or something, so search queries for Resident Evil probably spiked on google and related platforms.
And I'll also be honest I'm having a blast. Resident Evil 2 is definitely a quality game and I had a lot of fun playing through it on my first run- Leon is now an infinitely more interesting character to me now that I've experienced his story and I'm looking forward to finishing my playthrough as Claire, and I'm especially looking forward to Resident Evil 3 where I'll actually get to face Nemesis in his "natural habitat" so to speak. Also: Anybody who says or said Resident Evil that Resident Evil isn't true horror just flat out lied- I definitely freaked the ######### out my fair share during my first playthrough of RE2, and that tension is still there even in my second, the only difference is I know what I'm doing now.
The funny part is, I was able to finish the entirety of my first run of RE2 before I even played on Raccoon City a single time in Dead By Daylight- because they had disabled the map literally on release. Needless to say after spending that much time in the actual Raccoon City Police Department from RE2, I understand the map a LOT better than I would have otherwise just going in raw.
Also: Anybody who says or said Resident Evil that Resident Evil isn't true horror just flat out lied- I definitely freaked the [BAD WORD] out my fair share during my first playthrough of RE2, and that tension is still there even in my second, the only difference is I know what I'm doing now.
I only watched RE7 and RE8 (although I got bored and never finished the story; l left at the Heisenberg part, that one is truly boring if you ask me). However, from these two, the only thing that scared me was the baby creature from village. That ######### deserves an award for the scariest horror character to ever exist. Oh, and the Marguerite segment from 7 kinda scared me, but it was more of an anxiety, since I fear any kind of bug, except regular flies and ironically, mousquitos, which I should fear the most since they are the deadliest.
However, I do believe that the first games of the series were scary. Generaly, the oldest pieces from a series are the scariest. And this kinda applies to all the movies I've watched.
Speaking of this, isn't it kinda funny how all the old slasher franchises start off some psycho that kills a few people, and end up with rituals, resurrections and all kinds of magic stuff. Guess that's what happens when you run out of ideas for your movie 🤷🏽
I've not played the remake, but did play the PC title when it came out, and I'm not 100% sure that the layout of both maps is identical. Either because it's been some time since I've played it, or they've made some changes, I'm not fully recognising everything.
As far as I know, they said it is pretty much identical. So far, with 20 votes, it seems like there's a 3:2 ratio when it comes with knowing the map. TBH, this should appear as a survey in the game, to see how much it was worth it to create such an awfull map.
I can say with full confidence after playing the game very recently that it is very much nearly identical if not entirely identical. After finishing the game myself and then getting my chance to actually be on the map myself I was absolutely blown away.
A few slight differences here and there, mainly in the areas around the exit gates cause you don't really spend that much time outside the RCPD in the game itself (aside from say the area right next to the burning helicopter and the stairs that go down) so obviously that was an invented element for the purposes of the map, but it still looks very true to the setting even if it wasn't originally there.