This Event is more frustrating than its worth
Having to escape for crowns makes this incredibly not fun to play and frustrating just for a cosmetic that'll do nothing but look cool depending on who you ask and get you found. I'd appreciate it more if they were actual shirts that gave a legacy look without taking away from legacy owners. Being stuck trying to earn these on characters you don't play is what makes it all way more frustrating. Obviously, we want them all but I don't play and level every character in this game to be usable at the point they would need to be for me to have a viable chance to escape. It's the same for killers having any decent chance at beating a group of survivors with even a 2k draw match. It's like during the even everyone forgets how to play the game and the killers play as sweaty as they can. Which is fine let em do that, but truth be told this event needs to be fair on both sides. If survivors need to escape for their crown killers should have to at least 2k. 4k would be a bit much, but survivors gotta work for the crown so killers should have to as well.
Getting these on characters I actually play is fine. It's doable without so much annoyance and frustration. Though in my case for the whole day I've been trying to get if on Jeff and its been nothing but a ######### show. Between the killers that are sweating for the 4k just because, to the killers that are difficult for the average player to deal with like DS and Spirit, to not having all the perks on the character, to just dumb teammates that don't know what they're doing its been hell. I honestly hate this event now and I'd much rather Anniversary events going forward be double bloodpoints and all the other things that have or will come with it except the crowns. I only even got the crown for Jeff because I got a rank 9 doctor that just couldn't catch me. Not sure why the game matched me with this doctor player, because he had only 3 perks if I'm remembering correctly. Then he camped so hard for 1 kill that he didn't get. It wasn't a fair game for him and it surely wasn't a fun match for me either. This event only brings about the worst in killer players and the worst in a survivor player's attitude. I say that because half of these games where I've died I'd otherwise not think much about or care, but since I'm going for the crown suddenly my blood is boiling because I was so close but the killer patroled me a little too long for me to be saved or that survivor did something that wasn't helpful and we all died for it. Each death on a character I'm trying to get a crown on just makes this entire experience that much more unpleasant.
For me this would all be a none issue if the grind was lessened long ago. The grind was lessened within a year or so if the game releasing and legacy was given out as a thank you to those people. Why hasn't it been lessened again?? There are way too many characters for this grind to exist as it does especially on survivor. I'm not even asking for a new variant of legacy items when the grind is cut short just make it shorter already. It was promised way back when that the perk tiers would be removed and it's been like two years at least since that was said. It can't be that hard to do unless there is some coding issue somewhere. In my head it's a matter of deleting perk tiers 1 & 2 and then redesigning menus and cutting tiers from the code and leaving the t3 variants. There is prob a little more to it but it shouldn't take this long considering the much more complicated things that get tackled. Also, dc penalties if they are off shouldn't be which adds to issues with this entire thing because people get tunneled and they dc because they don't have DS and I don't blame them the perk isn't worth anything now.
My point with that is that more of these survivors would be leveled and played making this frustrating experience less of a pain. Its beyond frustrating to play characters in this game that aren't leveled whether it be survivor or killer its on both sides this issue exists. Anyway I'm done ranting I was in a good mood before touching this game today and I'm just sour now. A
Comments