Dead by Rebalance: Michael Myers
Now in spite of Michael Myers' popularity, the Killer is a very underwhelmingly unbalanced Killer who suffers from low tier syndrome and mediocrity. But here on "Dead by Rebalance", that won't do at all. So, as a part of my now-ongoing series where I change the characters around, I will introduce to you a rebalanced Michael Myers.
Also, I'm not calling him "The Shape".
Michael Myers
Power: Evil Within
- Rework: Evil Within III will now completely revert to Evil Within I. However, this change comes at the compensation of Survivors' stalk points being recharged by 7.5 points every time he tiers down. This allows him to gain his power more times over the course of the match, but is now not as frequent.
- Buff: The stalk point recharge system stacks, meaning a Survivor with 10.1 stalk originally will now have 17.6 stalk to take from the next time Myers tiers down.
- Buff: Tiering down from Evil Within III to Evil Within I will not cause an instant decrease in movement speed. Instead, it settles back down to 4.2m/s after 20 seconds.
- Buff: In Tiers I and II of Evil Within, if Myers hasn't found anyone to stalk, his movement speed is increased by +0.4m/s after 30 seconds. This effect wears off if he either stalks a Survivor or initiates a chase.
Evil Within I
- Buff: The amount of stalk points required to reach Evil Within II from Evil Within I is reduced to 3 Stalk Points (from 5).
- Buff: Due to the reworked mechanics of Evil Within, every time Evil Within III reverts to Evil Within I, the amount of stalk points required to reach Evil Within II again is reduced by a stackable 10%.
Evil Within III
- Buff: The amount of stun a pallet does to Michael is reduced by 25%
- Buff: The amount of time it takes to break a pallet is reduced by 25%
- Visual Change: Pallet breaking animation is now changed to have Myers kicking the pallet once.
New Special Ability: Stalker
Stalker is a new special ability for Michael Myers that changes up how he plays as a character. Based on his ability to inconspicuously vanish into thin air under a person's nose, or just appear out of nowhere, Michael can now warp during Evil Within I or II under these circumstances:
- When you are outside of a 24 meter radius of a Survivor.
- This increases to a 32 meter radius in Evil Within II.
- When you are initiating a stalk on a Survivor.
- When you are not in a chase.
When these conditions are met, you can now warp within an 8 meter range behind your targeted Survivor (indicated by who you are stalking) and can now absolutely surprise attack them. Or if you're smart enough, you'll have 99% on stalk and will absolutely surprise your victim with an instant down.
=======================================================================================
Conclusion
While Michael Myers is definitely an enjoyable Killer that is quite true to form of how he is in the movies he's from, a rework here and a few tweaks there, as well as a new ability derived from his nature in his movies, would certainly be able to spice the gameplay of Myers up quite a bit.
It would certainly make him feel more unique than being just the basic "M1 Killer" that he currently is. Gives him flavor, but remembers that he is an efficient killing machine before anything else.
What do you think guys? Do you think this Myers would be a little more fun to play as or against? Or do you think this isn't the direction he should be going? Let me know in the comments below.
Comments
I like the concept, in fact now that I think about it, Myers' only power is to be a stealth killer and leave survivors of a hit in Tier-3 dying. The truth is that I wish that in Tier-3 he did not suffer a stun effect and instantly break a pallet, like Jason. That it disappears out of nowhere if it could be a very interesting benefit to use in Tier-1 and Tier-2, especially in Tier-2.