My Attempt at a Spirit Rework
INTRODUCTION
Hello friends, this is my 3rd go at reworking a killer (Other 2 being Twins and Legion), I dont think many will disagree that Spirit needs changes. She's a very strong killer how ever it is not necessarily fun to play against her. So Im gonna be tackling a few things here
- Give both The Spirit and the survivor roughly the same amount of information, while still giving The Spirit a slight upperhand
- Removing "Stand Still Mindgame"
- Make sure she still feels oppressive
With that in mind, lets get to the changes
General changes
-Passive Phasing is now consistently every 8 seconds and The Spirit knows when she is passive phasing
-The Spirit is now invisible to survivors further than 32m
PHASE WALK changes
- The Spirit now has an animation to indicate when she's channeling her phasewalk
- While phasing, The Spirit no longer leaves behind a husk
- The Spirit can no longer hear footsteps, breathing or groans of pain caused by survivors
- The Spirit will now keep her passive phasing even while phase walking but it will work in reverse, instead of disappearing for a moment she will appear for a moment
- When The Spirit is phase walking, every time she passive phases, survivors also appear for a moment. For the short amount of time they are revealed, footsteps, breathing and groans of pain can be heard at a slightly increased volume (perks do not influence the volume at which she hears survivors).
- Passive phasing while phasing occurs every 2.33 seconds instead of every 8 seconds
- Increased base time of phase walk to 7 seconds from 5 seconds
- Reduced movement speed while phasing to 6m/s (150%) down from 7.04m/s (176%)
- Striking a Pallet or Breakable Wall post phase will destroy it
Conclusion
With these changes it gives Spirit a little bit more counterplay, while still keeping her oppressive, but most importantly, she stays unique.
Comments
can you link your other 2 reworks. I'd like to see those as well. Instead of completely removing sound I would just make sounds while phasing to a set number so stridor doesn't ######### over the survivors and iron will doesn't ######### over Rin.
Absolutely! How ever I have been thinking of revising my Legion rework since thinking back it could be a little oppressive.
Also for sound, I do believe seeing glimpses of the survivor AND having sound would be a bit too much. This would just make her stronger than she already is now. I will how ever update it to say that no matter the perks The Spirit will hear the survivor at a set volume no matter what perks are in play.
Legion: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/254830/my-attempt-at-a-legion-rework
Twins:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/230996/proposed-changes-for-the-twins
I'll look over the legion one see if there's anything I can offer there. I don't play legion so I might not have anything to say.
I like this