A little gamer want to say something...
Hi everyone:
My name is Ba Mao, I’m from Taiwan and also a DBD lover. I have already played this game for 3 years. As a Asian player, I have no idea how to express my opinion to BE, maybe here they will notice XD.
From 2018, I started to play this game and try to be a good survivor, and it’s a very tough process. Finally, I successfully got R1 after several month by solo. I started to play as a killer 2020, and I got R1 last year August.
I have already made so much great memory with DBD, and I love this game so much. BE is a good company and they even try to support LGBT people by their way, in eastern society, it’s almost impossible to see a company to do like this.
However, I have already felt depress for several month about this game. So many Asian player keep complaining about gen rushing, SWF, and weak killers, but we don’t see any change in the game. What is waiting for us just another new skin.
I would like to talk about the part of gen rushing. Actually, I discussed with several DBD streamers, all of them agree with me:it’s too fast for now to repair gens. But, if you don't play with friends, all of player is solo without discord or other communication way, you also can notice that it's kinda balance.
I understand that EU or America players really enjoy in this game so maybe they will not gen rush so fast, but Asians is more aggressive. In here, any survivor escapes means that you are a bad killer. On the other hand, if you can’t escape, it means that you are a bad survivor and lose.
Based on this, even you don’t know how to be chased by the killer, at least, you know how to repair gens, and when everyone find a gen, they just like:OMG, it’s a gen, I have never seen such incredible gen, I’m going to repair this stuff ASAP. Every single gen, everyone, I promise. Basically, when I was playing as a killer, it’s really common for me that I hook a survivor and 2~3 gens have already pop up.
Someone maybe going to argue me about whether I am a killer novice. I have already play as a killer over than 1.5K hour, my main killer is plague, and R1 for a long time. Nevertheless, sometimes survivors still can pop up gens so fast and make me even can’t get all of stack of BBQ.
The only one way to play as a good killer is trying to tunnel or camp. I know that nobody love this two, also every killer masters I known don’t like this and try their best not to do this. In fact, even you camp or tunnel, sometimes, you still can’t catch over than two survivors. How many survivors that you can get in one game is really complicating, it depends on map, which killer, item, add-on, RNG window and jungle, offering, etc. Then if I just need to camp or tunnel, and I can ignore what I say above. If there is a killer can’t play like these two way, sorry, there is no one will die and over than 1 hooked.
it's really wired that you just need to tunnel or camp that we can kill someone. Also, BE says that camp and tunnel is a kind of strategy, of course, it's, but if everyone just do this, it will not be fun ,right? And this is the situation of high rank in Asin server. Long time past, and so many people have already tried to give this situation so many suggestion, and there is no action for this problem. On the other hand, this situation whether implies that BE support killer to camp or tunnel, or they try to punish those killer who don't camp and try to play for fun?
What I want to say is, for now, gen repair speed is too fast to against. The reason for why no one want to play as a killer just because of no game experience!You can choose to play with friends happily, why do you choose to play as a killer and even try your best can’t kill anyone?
People in Asian are also kidding that:Oh, if BE nerfs killer, just only -1 player;if BE nerfs survivors, -4 players. It’s reasonable, on ratio. I hope that is not true, but as time past, I gradually accept this perspective.
Obliviously, this situation is more common in Asian server no matter which rank, but high rank is more serious. It's not going to says that elongate repair time is a good solution, find some reasonable and innovative way to buff killer is not so hard right?
Second, SWF is a good way to make novice to improve their skill, but it also destroys red rank balance. In Asia, it’s rarely to find “none- SWF group”. Moreover, some famous game platform especially for DBD appear lots of article to appeal killers don’t play with SWF. This phenomenon indicates that people are tired to face such strong advantage survivors. If we can’t find others to play with us, we don’t play as survivor by solo.
I’m not going to say that SWF is toxic and please ban it. I hope that you BE can give more reward or divide solo and SWF people, maybe there is a better way to improve this condition, I just give a suggestion.
Third, weak killer. In Asian, people just only play nurse, blight, spirit, and bubba with bamboozle. What is that mean? There are totally 30 killers in DBD, and we just only see 4 to 5. After nerf, The clown, Freddy and Hillbilly disappeared. No one want to play as Plague, Piggy and Myers, too weak to hook survivors.
Most of 4.6 killer can’t play with low level add-on, no iridescent stone?bye trapper. No infinity tier 3 Myers?bye Myers. Spirit with or no stridor?easy kill GG well played.
I just want to see some little buff for these killers, from basic domain.
Comments
Right now, it seems that issue is not just gen speed, but more like spawns. That was found out thanks to Lethal Pursuer. Sometimes survivors are spawned together, which is how I think it should be always, but sometimes game will spread survivors around map from start, which is each killer nightmare.
SWF are issue, because game is not balanced around that. I think it would be best to first buff soloq. That would be quite easy just by giving other survivors info. After it when gap between soloQ and SWF is not that big, it is easier to balance game around it.
Maybe survivors could see eachother when someone is on hook. Maybe HUD change, where you can see icon what each other survivor is doing, etc.
Most of player think that is toxic, some ppl appeal that if you see a key in the lobby and don't play and directly re-wait for another killer game, lining for killer game is short
some ppl don't want to waste time so they will try to directly to hook one if there just two survivor remaining. Some ppl will try to knock downone and find another one to ensure all kill. Basically, we think last one for hatch is dependent on personal choice.