when will keys be nerfed?

I just had a game where 2 people brought keys and I can't anything about it franklins does nothing now since you can still open the hatch even when a key has no charges and also survivors can choose where the hatch can spawn.

are you guys going to nerf keys or are you going buff them again?

Comments

  • Sometime in the next decade

  • If survivors choose where the hatch spawns they show you as well.

    Keys don't need a nerf, unless the hatch is reverted to not closable.

  • @kisfenkin said:

    If survivors choose where the hatch spawns they show you as well.

    Keys don't need a nerf, unless the hatch is reverted to not closable.

    To be fair, the Killer knowing where the hatch spawn is does nothing when there are two keys in the match.

    I do agree with your second statement though, to an extent. I believe keys don't really need a nerf because it takes for Survivors to die/gens to be done for it to spawn. I think all that's really needed is a progress bar when opening and/or an animation so Killer has a "fair" chance. Also, the hatch being reverted to not closeable is unneeded considering Keys can open closed hatches.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2325414#Comment_2325414

    To be fair, the Killer knowing where the hatch spawn is does nothing when there are two keys in the match.

    I do agree with your second statement though, to an extent. I believe keys don't really need a nerf because it takes for Survivors to die/gens to be done for it to spawn. I think all that's really needed is a progress bar when opening and/or an animation so Killer has a "fair" chance. Also, the hatch being reverted to not closeable is unneeded considering Keys can open closed hatches.

    Thanks for being reasonable. My point is, before endgame collapse, killers were in a horrible situation. With endgame collapse they were handed insta-death and they still whine about auto kill not being enough. I think BHVR should revert the endgame collapse for a week, so these new killer mains can see how big of a pain in the ass the hatch standoff was, and how whiny asking for something so controllable as nerfing a third exit is. If you don't want them to get the hatch, don't tunnel, and don't let them finish gens. Don't put the survivors in a position where it spawns, then they CAN'T use their keys! Viola!

  • Maybe in chapter 21 or the mid chapter after chapter 21

  • @kisfenkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2325425#Comment_2325425

    Thanks for being reasonable. My point is, before endgame collapse, killers were in a horrible situation. With endgame collapse they were handed insta-death and they still whine about auto kill not being enough. I think BHVR should revert the endgame collapse for a week, so these new killer mains can see how big of a pain in the ass the hatch standoff was, and how whiny asking for something so controllable as nerfing a third exit is. If you don't want them to get the hatch, don't tunnel, and don't let them finish gens. Don't put the survivors in a position where it spawns, then they CAN'T use their keys! Viola!

    No problem :)

    Yeah, I do agree. Hatch stand-offs were poopy.

    This is why I always bring up old hatch when I see complaints about hatch. They really have no idea how bad it was back in the day. You'd literally just sit your character there, go get a sandwich and come back to you standing in front of the Survivor/Killer because you both refused to move. I used to call it The Egotistical Stare-off lol.

  • @the_new said:

    I just had a game where 2 people brought keys and I can't anything about it franklins does nothing now since you can still open the hatch even when a key has no charges and also survivors can choose where the hatch can spawn.

    are you guys going to nerf keys or are you going buff them again?

    Keys are the least of concerns. These killers need to be nerfed or at leeway require some skill to play. Like nurse, a good nurse earned there skill level. Then you have killers like spirit, death slinger, blight, etc. that anyone can pick up and get 4K games right away.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/262583/when-will-keys-be-nerfed

    Keys are the least of concerns. These killers need to be nerfed or at leeway require some skill to play. Like nurse, a good nurse earned there skill level. Then you have killers like spirit, death slinger, blight, etc. that anyone can pick up and get 4K games right away.

    and also buff some killers because there's more bad killers then there is good ones

  • Considering that after the key nerf anouncement, they introduced hatch offerings and nerfed Franklyns to not destroy items like keys anymore. I´d say that the key nerf comes probably never.

    Maybe something like reducing the aura reading and thats about it.

  • When Dead Island 2 is released.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/262583/when-will-keys-be-nerfed

    Keys are the least of concerns. These killers need to be nerfed or at leeway require some skill to play. Like nurse, a good nurse earned there skill level. Then you have killers like spirit, death slinger, blight, etc. that anyone can pick up and get 4K games right away.

    Any one can pick up blight ok