DS Rework Suggestion

I know these things are pretty pointless in the grand scheme, but I wanted to put this thought out there about Decisive Strike. Obviously, it's still a bit of a sore spot for a lot of people, but its nerf has really ramped up instances of pure off-hook tunneling, even through DS, which makes it feel pointless to run. At the same time, it can still be used for easy no-pressure escapes during the end game, even if the killer is doing well.

So what do I suggest?

Make DS base-kit for all survivors as it is right now (turns off with progressing actions), but add one nerf to it: when another survivor is hooked, it turns off. This would restore its "universal presence" which would cause killers to think twice about tunneling constantly, but it would also remove the annoying feeling of having downed and hooked multiple survivors (especially in endgame) and having it essentially mean nothing or worse even lower your overall pressure.

Honestly, DS is always going to feel a bit painful to be hit by, but I think this might make it a healthier perk overall and actually make a real punishment for tunneling.

Comments

  • the current state of having limited interaction while it is active is a very fair thing to have, anyone who thinks otherwise is very delusional, so yeah great to keep.

    i like a good list;

    1. base kit incites slugging and tunneling.
    2. survivors have assured time wasting with loops. now, it a third health state and a stun and you gotta chase them around again.
    3. decisive strike as it is now, punishes killers who dont decide to go for early tunneling not to prevent tunneling, i don't care what anyone says.
    4. end game makes chasing survs useless, not even a point to do anything.


  • I'll respond to your list point by point.

    1: Yeah, and camping would be the new annoying strategy, and everyone would run unbreakable, and yes, yes, yes. There are a million problems with this game we have to start somewhere.

    2: That is only a problem if you are tunneling. Simply chase someone else who does not have the defense active. That is quite literally the point of DS. And with my change, it guarantees that if you are good enough in chase to down and hook someone else before the first person has their perk run out, you can actually have even more pressure than before if a survivor chooses to wait out the timer.

    3: I agree with you. If I'm being honest, I would say that this innate DS should be active after every hook, too, just to prevent the counterintuitive encouraging of early tunneling, but I know saying something like that is grounds to have me hanged around here. Maybe there are other ways to fix that dilemma.

    4: Maybe it's my playstyle, but I get a lot of downs in end game and can frequently even clutch out 4ks from 0ks. The game is never over until it is over. That is why I made this post, though, to specifically address how bad it feels to get multiple hooks in end game and have it all mean essentially nothing because of DS.