Can I be banned for going AFK as killer once I have the crown?

I just want the crowns, not interested in actually playing killer, for the reasons everyone already knows. Can someone confirm?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Orion said:

    I just want the crowns, not interested in actually playing killer, for the reasons everyone already knows. Can someone confirm?

    ...no? Although i think the devs have said in the past about repeatedly going afk if it happens enough idk how theyd track that though.

  • If people start reporting you repeatedly than maybe yes?

    Being AFK is against the rules but I never heard of anyone being banned for it.

    Most survivors normally don't care, they do gens and gtfo however this is cake event now and if you go AFK in 4 cake game, I can see them being mad easily

  • Yes. Dont go afk, just try anyway.

  • If do you it repeatedly, that can become bannable. It is highly recommended and advised to play the game the way it is intended, as going AFK does ruin the game for other people - going AFK once or twice due to an emergency is fine, but not over the course of multipel rounds. That can become bannable for not playing the game.

  • Just farm instead of going afk. They won't ban you for that and at least you get something out of it.

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    If do you it repeatedly, that can become bannable. It is highly recommended and advised to play the game the way it is intended, as going AFK does ruin the game for other people - going AFK once or twice due to an emergency is fine, but not over the course of multipel rounds. That can become bannable for not playing the game.

    Yeah, I guessed as much. Thanks for the info.

  • @Bwsted said:

    Just farm instead of going afk. They won't ban you for that and at least you get something out of it.

    That takes too long. I'll just slaughter everyone, it's faster.

  • You could just play badly. Pretty much the same result.

  • @Seraphor said:

    You could just play badly. Pretty much the same result.

    Takes too long, especially since I'm back at rank 20 and queues are long. I was hoping they'd release MMR before the anniversary.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324864#Comment_2324864

    Takes too long, especially since I'm back at rank 20 and queues are long. I was hoping they'd release MMR before the anniversary.

    If that's the case then it should be easy enough to slaughter them for a few matches, climb to rank 16/17, at which point you'll get quicker queues and can play however you like.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324865#Comment_2324865

    If that's the case then it should be easy enough to slaughter them for a few matches, climb to rank 16/17, at which point you'll get quicker queues and can play however you like.

    It is easy enough, yes, but I only managed to play two trials in the last hour or so.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324881#Comment_2324881

    It is easy enough, yes, but I only managed to play two trials in the last hour or so.

    That's the thing. The matchmaking is taking so long because you're rank 20. Using your limited matches wisely to climb to the cutoff at 16/17, and then you should get more manageable queues.

    At that point you can play any way you like (within reason) and you won't de-rank.

  • And survivors are punished and lose their add ons when killers are AFK for events or to derank. On top of not having to earn the cosmetics like survivors do. Seems fair.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324885#Comment_2324885

    That's the thing. The matchmaking is taking so long because you're rank 20. Using your limited matches wisely to climb to the cutoff at 16/17, and then you should get more manageable queues.

    At that point you can play any way you like (within reason) and you won't de-rank.

    I am aware of how the matchmaking works. That's why I was hoping they'd have released MMR by now, since it would've resulted in shorter queues.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324857#Comment_2324857

    That takes too long. I'll just slaughter everyone, it's faster.

    And ruin their chances of getting bloodpoints and crowns?

  • Okay, locking this as it's been answered.