How likely do we think a chapter for "The Shining" is?

Since I've started to play dbd, I thought that a chapter for Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" based off of the Stephen King book would be a fantastic chapter to add into the game. With the release of the sequel movie "Doctor Sleep" a few years ago, I was hoping that maybe that would bring some spark to bring it to dbd but it did not seem to. So the main question I am asking is, if we do think we will get a chapter for it, will it be soon? Will it be a few years? Or will it never come to the game?

Comments

  • I honestly think its very unlikely, it would be a good addition, but there's better IP's to chase after, such as IT, Alien, The Evil Within, DEAD SPACE

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    People have been wanting Pennywise, and Pennywise and Jack Torrance are both Stephen King villains, so I can see a Shining chapter eventually being added.

    I don't know what his power would be though. It's been years since I last watched the movie, but from what I remember, Jack's only ability was swinging that axe around.

    I see it the other way around personally, I think Pennywise being added makes The Shining less likely than it already is.

    I would prefer The Shining over It by a long shot, nothing against It, The Shining is just awesome.

  • The Shining is a great and well-known landmark of horror,

    I'm just not sure if it fits into Dead By Daylight.


    There's also the whole thing about Stephen King who may or may not be willing to work with BHVR, if they're struggling to get pennywise (which would certainly be a fantastic addition to the game) I'm not sure that the shining would even be on the table.

  • Sir King, as far as I know, isn't a huge fan of videogames in general, so I really don't know if BHVR will ever manage to get an agreement with him for it. Still, if they will - it's gonna be the most hyped release for me to date (despite my love towards Resident Evil, Stranger Things and Saw). "The Shining" was always my favourite King's novel and I just love aesthetics of Kubrick's adaptation. So yeah.

    I want to believe. But it's hardly believable.

  • I don't think its the best License they could purchase and I feel it wouldn't be very popular compared to some of these titans such as Jason, Xenomorph, IT etcetera. However, it is the chapter I want the most and have voted for it in every poll that has had it as an option. Imagine the epic nostalgia of THE OVERLOOK HOTEL. The ball room, the open corridor where he types, and the outdoor maze that could be an awesome map all on its own. I'm hoping for it, but it'll probably be quite some time.

  • To my knowledge Steven king is very much NOT a fan of Stanley kubrick’s adaptation of the shining. So I don’t know how on board he would be with that version of his story being put in a video game.

  • I don't think it will, but if this were a poll about whether you would like to see it in game or not, I'd vote yes I'd like to see it. Would loooove to see someone come up with ideas for killer power/perks and survivor perks!