As a survivor, I can't wait for keys to be removed

The killer tunneled a Claudette, she DC'ed. Meh.

We had one gen left, and the killer literally chased me for more than five minutes. I watched the replay. I was wondering why my teammates weren't popping the last gen, because I could hear one that was very close to being done near a loop I was running. I finally go down, my two fully healed teammates are standing by shack, doing nothing. They leave via hatch. Why should all three teammates escape when you can make the game last an eternity and leave the person who won it for you to die?

Please remove keys. I can't tell you how often I've been screwed by teammates who just stop playing so they can get hatch. Far more than they've ever helped me.

Comments

  • Just stop the hatch from spawning when there's still gens to complete, only:

    1. When there's 1 remaining survivor.
    2. When all gens are repaired.

    That way:

    1. Killer isn't patrolling neglected gens when suddenly the match ends.
    2. Survivors aren't screwed over by other survivors with keys.
  • The archive challenges with hatch escapes and also to escape while using pink key, doesn't help either.

    It shouldn't take long now, just a year or two more for them to nerf keys at some point.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    The archive challenges with hatch escapes and also to escape while using pink key, doesn't help either.

    It shouldn't take long now, just a year or two more for them to nerf keys at some point.

    That is, if we're lucky.

    I just think they say they are reworking/nerfing keys to keep people quiet about keys as long as possible.

    I don't really believe that they have a proper rework nor will they ever gonna do that.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    The archive challenges with hatch escapes and also to escape while using pink key, doesn't help either.

    It shouldn't take long now, just a year or two more for them to nerf keys at some point.

    Yeah the challenges definitely make things worse for both sides. It's frustrating.

  • They won't ever be removed if you ask me, same for the concept of some sort of key or key add-on allowing them to open the hatch.

    But a lot of the complaints directed at keys could be solved by the rather popular "hatch only spawns when all gens are done OR there's only 1 survivor left" change, so not like them not being removed means no changes can be made.

  • Same from me.

    The item I least like seeing as a survivor and killer.

  • @oxygen said:

    They won't ever be removed if you ask me, same for the concept of some sort of key or key add-on allowing them to open the hatch.

    But a lot of the complaints directed at keys could be solved by the rather popular "hatch only spawns when all gens are done OR there's only 1 survivor left" change, so not like them not being removed means no changes can be made.

    Yeah I'm just so tired of rewarding not only bad players, but players who choose not to play.