NOED isn't the problem.
NOED isn't the issue it's survivors that don't want to adapt to it.
NOED is easily counterable most of the time NOED never activates or it's cleansed immediately.
The problem is survivors want to use their classic build "DS, DH, IW and UB or BT" and when you tell them to use small game or whatever they'll just tell you no and they don't want to waste time on bones.
Well there's the problem right there, they don't want to "waste" a perk slot for totems. Over reliance on DS, DH, IW, UB and BT has made them unappreciative of the value of info perks.
and killers essentially handicap themselves by playing basically 3 perks for 95-100% of the match. Not to mention it can get cleansed in seconds. The risk/reward seems fair in my opinion.
Comments
The problem is mostly a solo queue issue. Sometimes I’ll cleanse 4 totems and the last one in a corner of the map becomes Noed and I die because of it. Not much I can do there
you have 3 other teammates. that task shouldn't befall onto 1 man. This is a team game
Yeah, but it wasn't always an issue. The fact that Solo Queue Players don't bother anymore isn't a problem with NOED. They are simply going to have to step up and not leave ALL the cleansing to you.
I am using Small Game and i am cleansing all totems before end game. So i never facing with NOED.
Anti totem perks suck. Looking for totems is bad.
best counter to noed is just to let him have his 1 noed kill and leave the match.
You can see this in comp, despite noed being very common there, players do not cleanse totems, instead they opt to spend their time completing generators faster and they will cleanse the noed totem after it's lit if they find it without risking themselves or they will simply leave the hooked player to die.
Anyways, I don't know why I bothered responding on this post, since it's a troll post, but I just wanted to share.
Yes but you can’t expect teamwork in a solo environment when there is no way to communicate with your team
But there’s no way to communicate who’s doing what in a solo game. Maybe if they didn’t tie to totem counter to a perk this wouldn’t be an issue
The problem is that it rewards campers and bad plays, killer committed to a good looper for the whole game? No problem they have noed and they might get 1 or 2 undeserved kills.
This is my exact feeling on it when i play survivor. Do gens, if he has noed, i just leave. He can keep the 1k. As a person that occasionally runs noed, its the worst scenario. If all gens get done and my noed is gone, fair enough. Whatever. But if everyone just leaves "why wont they play with me 😭"
it's not that it rewards killers it punishes gen rushers and people refusing to touch bones.
you're suppose to see hexes as a threat not a minor inconvenience
I do run detective’s hunch a lot but sometimes you just can’t cleanse the last one since you need to unhook or are being chased leading to it activating
No it rewards killer, I would rather have 5 gens pop than all totems cleansed. Bad killers rely on it because most of them are bad
Complain about NOED meanwhile Adrenaline exists.
But this wasn't a problem once upon a time. You know that as well as I do. There was time when Solo Queue was far bigger than the number of SWF. It was competitive. They worked together. They did Bones. They managed to accomplish the things that SWF do now. What happened? :) Just because it is EASIER for SWF doesn't mean Solo can't do it. They did it just fine before.
The problem is that NOED is a free kill perk that killers don't earn and that survivors have to put in so much effort to "counter" that its actually the better play to let the killer get a petty little unearned kill than murder your own team by wasting minutes doing bones without being in a SWF squad.
Especially since multiple people doing totems is even worse for a solo team and wastes even more time.
Totems have received a huge buff, whether killers admit it or not. Every map rework has made it 1000x harder to see totems, even with Small Game, which was nerfed. Indoor maps make totems incredibly difficult to find, with any totem perk. I used to ALWAYS run Small Game, and believe me, it's incredibly frustrating to die to a killer who is so bad he only hit you one time the entire game, and you only had time to cleanse four totems. It happened all the time. You can run NOED all you want, but it rewards bad killers. It's irrelevant that it might be cleansed.
This is a genuine question. What would he the big loss if NOED was changed? NOED is a anti-fun perk that is useless most of the game. It rewards killers for not defending gens, which is part of their objective (and nobody can change my mind on that).
A killer can play terribly but still get a 4K because the survivors didn't find a single totem. That is the most second chance thing in the game to me. "Oh, you played bad? Here's a free kill." It's the most no effort perk in the game. And no, I'm not a "sUrViVoR mAiN". I play more Killer.
Yeah I love running off meta perks but I feel I have to run perks like BT or DS to stop camping and tunnelling since it happens so often
A totem counter won't tell people where the cleansed totems were, which is the big reason solo teams shouldn't even bother. Even if you have Detectives Hunch and a map, the other person won't. Also, all of that to counter a single perk is absolutely terrible game design.
Noed is a perk that's been designed when killers were in a really really bad spot.
Now, killers are fine with all the regression perks.
The problem is that NOED is an overkill against Solo survivors, and especially against low ranks since there is no incentive to cleanse totems.
Dont start a "do bones" : no, its not a solution. If the killer is applying mad pressure and hook multiple time, 1 survivors cannot have time to spend to search Aaaaaall accross the map to do totem hunting. Its not realistic and is an abused advantage.
Noed is a relic from the past, and has to be reworked.
most games end before NOED activates
I even had survivors complain about NOED but they all died before all gens finished
Was I rewarded? No
I killed all 4 survivors with 3 perks basically
Baby killer defends NOED.
Oh yeah NOED is the ultimate I know I'm not a good killer perk. But that is okay, if a killer is struggling I always go out of my way to destroy all the totems. It feels great at end game when their NOED does not activate. But that is okay since most good killer users don't run NOED since they don't need it.
<Laughs> I'm not a baby Killer. :) But suit yourself. I don't think NOED is going anywhere no matter how much you moan and groan about it. They just gave you a bunch of brand NEW ways to kill it. There is a Perk that lets you cleanse totems FASTER and find them quicker. Are you sure that you can't see what the DEV are trying to tell you? :)
Still, it takes so much time to destroy
Comical how some people still act as if everyone is running that combo. But yet they complain that a lot high ranking survivors run a couple of those perk. Yet most high rank killers always run RUIN, why because it's needed. Same thing as you thing as you said a lot of them camp and tunnel so survivors need some of those perk. And I'm already seeing it Dead hard (which is easily the most overrated survivor perk) will get nerfed, and next they will be complaining about sprint burst, I'm already seeing it since they are already complaining about running.
No, it doesn't. I also play Survivor (Solo) and average killing three Totems a match along with doing two Generators myself as well as helping on others. That is aside from the saves and healing. What I have found as a both a Killer who can see you (Spooky Myers) and as a Survivor, is that many Players spend a GOOD portion of the match doing nothing at all. They squat around, they hesitate, they self heal in corners, and they hunt for chests and dig around for JUNK which at most will only shave off seconds. The ironic thing is what it saves them is less than what they spent going to get the JUNK.
If you spend the majority of your time actually doing things, you get more done. There is an old saying, if you need something done, find the BUSIEST person you know. They will get it done. The "not busy" people you know will still, somehow, not finish it on time. Do your Bones. They are worth points. They are easy. They are worth Emblem advancement. And who knows, you might save yourself from NOED. Every Survivor passes (and sees) at least one Totem as the mince around the map. If they stopped and spent the sixteen seconds (or less with the right Perk) that kills FOUR Totems for certain. Get it?