Thoughts on botany knowledge?

Let's say i don't have a medkit or any other perk to speed up my healing.

Is Botany Knowledge can save me some time when everyone is injured?

Comments

  • It’s a pretty good perk that increases healing speed unconditionally. It just gets overshadowed by other perks so much and isn’t used often because of that.

  • My current build is botany, self care, dead hard, and Kindred with a med kit.

    The benefit of how that heals myself better is self evident but I've found that botany alone has helped my team a good bit more by getting people healed up faster which lets them avoid hooks longer.

    It's not amazing to be sure but it really does help especially in solo.

  • I only run Botany when I'm bringing a medkit.

    Fun fact, using Botany (Level 3 mind you) with a yellow medkit without any add-ons will allow you to get 2 uses out of that medkit.

    Typically I run Botany Knowledge when I want a consistent healing efficiency bonus. As much as I love We'll Make It, I don't always get the unhooks and even when I do, a lot of killers camp and tunnel lately so I can't make use of the heal bonus and it doesn't apply to myself sooo yeah.

    Botany is great because it let's you get more uses out of medkits and be altruistic and selfish at the same time.

  • Decent perk. Not meta though so people don't run it.

  • It's rather nice if u pair it with Leader.

  • It's a great perk, it's just that it's abilities are completely passive and related to healing so everyone pretends it doesn't exist. Especially the mindless survivor meta-slaves that want nothing but second chances to play the game for them.

  • It's a good perk but I feel like it gets overshadowed by We'll Make It.

  • Put Botany Knowledge with We'll Make it, Empathy and Bite the Bullet with a Medkit, and you basically become a healing God!

    It's a good perk with no real drawbacks. Plus, it's good to get people back into action quickly - other survivors definitely appreciate it!

  • @Mooks said:

    It’s a pretty good perk that increases healing speed unconditionally. It just gets overshadowed by other perks so much and isn’t used often because of that.

    There’s something attractive about the persistent, reliable nature of Botany Knowledge though.

    Nothing fancy. Just constant 33% increase to healing speed, and get 33% more charges out of Med Kits.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It really depends on the overall flow of the match. Some games you just don't heal anyone and Botany is useless, others you become the second coming of Jesus and heals your entire team. I'd say Botany is only worth it with a medkit or another healing perk.

    I have fun being Jesus when I have Empathy / Botany / Autodidact / WGLF.

    Until facing Plag

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2317243#Comment_2317243

    I have fun being Jesus when I have Empathy / Botany / Autodidact / WGLF.

    Until facing Plag

    Whenever i decide to use a healing build, i face her.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2317237#Comment_2317237

    There’s something attractive about the persistent, reliable nature of Botany Knowledge though.

    Nothing fancy. Just constant 33% increase to healing speed, and get 33% more charges out of Med Kits.

    This is what I'm talking about. Sometimes consistency is just so much better than niche big numbers. Especially when you become a little bit better at game sense and whatnot.

  • It is amazing! Run it with WGLF for super anti-slug measures, and making charges of 12 do full heals means you can make a yellow medkit go for two heals without addons. Slap on the gauze roll add-on, and that’s three self-heals!

  • I love it because it works well with my favorite and arguably the best item in the game, as well as works for just healing others.

    I think it's got great value if you're healing your team up often.