The one billy mechanic I think they should bring back... (dots added because they are alluring)

There was a mechanic with billy back in the day where getting pallet stunned didn't completely reset his chainsaw charge, it just acted like if the billy was revving the chainsaw down, it let you keep partial amounts of charge when getting pallet stunned (right before you start sawing) but more importantly it helped him synergize well with his base kit perk enduring since rather than lose 2 seconds of charge and have around 15-20% charge left you could have 55-60% of your charge left. This made hillbilly more of a threat and I often miss it since it was a mechanic that helped him have more pressure in a chase since stunning him only slowed him down so much .

I think in his current state its perfect to bring this back as a mechanic for hillbilly, since it would give him natural synergy with his base perks, and give him a small push in the right direction in terms of viability since now he has more pressure in a chase again

Comments

  • It wasn't a mechanic. It was a bug. That's why it's gone.

  • I was actually surprised a few weeks back because I didn't know they took this away from him, if they were to give him this and the auto lock he used to have that made curving much more viable than it is now, Billy would be much more bearable for some

    *Also fix animations, and only make him scream when he succesfully chainsaws a survivor

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    It wasn't a mechanic. It was a bug. That's why it's gone.

    it was in the game for 4 years, at that point its a mechanic

  • @Shroompy said:

    I was actually surprised a few weeks back because I didn't know they took this away from him, if they were to give him this and the auto lock he used to have that made curving much more viable than it is now, Billy would be much more bearable for some

    *Also fix animations, and only make him scream when he succesfully chainsaws a survivor

    It was in the game since release and was removed in bug fix patch 4.1.2, it was in the game for a solid 4 years and 2 months

    Also I think the autolock would also be a good change since it makes the risk reward playstyle more rewarding now that he also no longer has addons that remove the risk factors but instead now that he has more addons to increase risk factors but also increase the reward it would be a welcomed change

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2316719#Comment_2316719

    it was in the game for 4 years, at that point its a mechanic

    A Bug is something in the game that is not intended. It was not intended, and is therefore a bug, not an intended mechanic. Age means nothing.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2317405#Comment_2317405

    A Bug is something in the game that is not intended. It was not intended, and is therefore a bug, not an intended mechanic. Age means nothing.

    something unintended being/becoming a mechanic is a thing in games especially modern games that have more live design then concrete products

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2317505#Comment_2317505

    something unintended being/becoming a mechanic is a thing in games especially modern games that have more live design then concrete products

    I'm well aware. NOED activating when the gates were powered was a bug that became a feature. In this case, the devs didn't like it and decided to remove it. Like I said: It was a bug, not an intended mechanic.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2317513#Comment_2317513

    I'm well aware. NOED activating when the gates were powered was a bug that became a feature. In this case, the devs didn't like it and decided to remove it. Like I said: It was a bug, not an intended mechanic.

    still lasted 4 years which is old enough for me to consider it a grandfathered in mechanic that was removed say what you will but this is my opinion and it isn't going to change