Rework Bloodlust
I don't think Bloodlust is really needed for chases anymore, but there are some exceptions (Haddonfield). Maps would be easier to balance without it.
But what might be interesting idea is sort of Bloodlust that would work, when killer is not in any chase for some time. I would make it 5 tiers, for example:
1- 10s 0,1 m/s
2- 20s 0,2 m/s
3- 30s 0,3 m/s
4- 40s 0,4 m/s
5- 50s 0,5 m/s
btw current Bloodlust is tier 3- 45 seconds +0.6 m/s.
It would get disabled when any chase starts, or killer uses power and maximum tier would be reduced for each generator finished, so on last gen you could get only tier I and during end game there wouldn't be any.
I would reduce maximum tiers during game, because 3-gens are good enough already and it would be too good for guarding gates too.
I think this would make chases more fun for survivors, but would also help killers to play on big maps.
This change wouldn't really buff any top tier killer. Spirit, Nurse, Blight, Twins, Hag are using powers all the time.
What do you think?
Comments
I definitely am not a fan of bloodlust but the game simply isn’t ready for it to not exist yet. Just look back to when they disabled bloodlust for like 2 days and all the problems that caused.
Bloodlust is fine, Survivors need to get better at escaping the eyes of the Killer and Killers need a bruteforce option for some tiles and loops.
Taking away that option from Killers would be bad. Bloodlust will always be needed, because BHVR cannot make sure they got all the semi-infinites.
Also chases sometimes starts right next to Survivor, Coming at them this fast is unfair. Also this would buff Wraith more. 0.1m/s is alot.
Tier 1 can stay 2 and 3 I don't care for.