[QoL Changes] There is too many perks, so we need some changes.

LOADOUTS

There is ~6 pages of perks on survivors. Trying to change build while in lobby for me personally takes from 1 to 5 minutes. Experienced survivors can remember position of some perks and switch them around relatively fast, but it would be awesome to save loadouts of perks. At this point there is just too much perks in game and knowing where the one you need is located is just unreasonable.

Bloodweb

Is it me or algorithm at which perks are dropped in bloodweb have changed? Seems like in this patch, a random set of perks is chosen and I only get them until they are all at level 3. I have 3rd Prestige Nemesis and still didn't get Save the Best for Last. I also have the Pig with a lot of yellow perks (I got them before the patch). And I can't get any more yellow, only upgrades of those I already have.

One way to solve this that after reaching a point in blood web where we get 3-4 perks at choice. Before upgrading any further we can choose a set of perks we want to see in blood web. Players can have 3-4 sets at their choice. Players will be able to choose the mose "likeble" set of perks/ Those sets can form at random, or follow some principal, it doesn't really matter. There is just need for reassurance in some perks they will get in next few bloodwebs. We still can add 1-2 perks and random, but even with this it will make progression much easier and predictable.

I get that DBD has synthetic progression slowdown, with BP cap in place and etc. So players would grind the game indefinetly (I don't like that personally, but at this point I'm used to it), but with this amount perks coming around it is very very slow. I have a build in mind that I want to try, and I have to spend 2m+ BPs so I can only have 1 perk out of 4 I need for the build.

Comments

  • you readin my mind? just last night i was contemplating something like this. a way to save loadouts for quick swapping and a system to gain more favorable perks.

    except the nodes would show the characters faces that would give you a better chance to see those characters perks. basically say your lvl 35 dwight and see Nea and Fengs face on a node. if you buy Fengs node, on lvl 36 you'll likely see any of her perks you have unlocked. but if havent unlocked any of there perks, say Aces', therir face wouldnt show up until you have.


    if that makes any sense

  • I agree. You have my support. :)

  • We need a system to sort perks and a search bar so we, type in the name for easy finding.

  • @Emeal said:

    We need a system to sort perks and a search bar so we, type in the name for easy finding.

    This is another way to solve this! I think both loadouts and searchbar can be implemented if anything :)

  • @realkarmakun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2316579#Comment_2316579

    This is another way to solve this! I think both loadouts and searchbar can be implemented if anything :)

    loadouts. omg. But BHVR is already working on that.

  • Yea, the whole lobby interface could use some Quality of Life changes, such as:

    General:

    • Drag & Drop function

    Allow players to click, drag and drop item/addon/offering/perk onto loadout to quickly equip it. Currently, if I want to change something in my loadout I need to select that slot and then browse and choose what I want. If more changes are needed in my loadout, then I need to select desired slot, browse and click on what I want. And every time I select a slot, it automatically leads me to the page the actual perk is on, which is often not really necessary because I wanted to swap it with a perk I was seeing before selecting a slot. It takes way too much clicks than it should.

    • Right click to unequip

    Simple right click to quickly remove something from my loadout could be very handy.

    • Search function

    Would be great if it would also search by tags, so typing "obsession" or "exhaustion" will show you only elements that includes this keyword.

    • Mark as favorite

    So it will keep the item on the first page of your inventory.

    • Numbered page and scroll bar

    For faster navigation. Right now we can "turn the page" one by one, which can be frustrating since we have few pages of perks.

    • Loadout sets

    Being able swap quickly between previously customized sets of loadout would be great.


    Survivors:

    • Show loadout of other survivors

    Probably as overlay that can be easily shown/hidden. It will improve experience mostly for solo players. Unfortunately, I'm a little worried that will cause other survivors to dodge lobby if they won't like others selection of perks or be straight up hostile because of that.

    • Copying loadout of other survivors

    If you want to mimic other players' build. Only copies and equips item/perks you already have unlocked.

    Killer:

    • Survivors should be always visible

    Interface shouldn't cover survivors' model (at least their hands) to show what items they are currently carrying.