Closing the hatch after it's opened by a key shouldn't power the exit gates

1 gen left with 4 survivors, but I've been doing good making hooks.

1 survivor dies, bbq tells me nea is by the shack

nea sees me, opens the hatch that just spawned, and leaves.

I close the hatch so other survivors can't escape.

EGC starts and the exit gates are powered despite the fact there's two survivors left and one gen left. If I had just stood there and waited for the hatch to close on its own, the game would have proceeded as normal and I could've gotten the kills (they were basically 3 genned).

Why on earth does it work like this. The key nerf can't come fast enough.

Comments

  • Or maybe just wait 10 seconds to let it close?

  • @th3 said:

    Or maybe just wait 10 seconds to let it close?

    yeah that's the optimal play as the mechanic currently works

    but it's not intuitive at all. why should i be punished for closing the hatch when it was opened early. especially when with how the dedicated servers are there's no way to actually stop a survivor from leaving, unless I can stand directly on it and body block it.

  • @th3 said:

    Or maybe just wait 10 seconds to let it close?

    Doable when it's just the one survivor there, but you're put into a lose-lose if multiple survivors are in the area and diving for the hatch after the leader opened it. Either you don't close it and they get out, or you do close it and you lose your 3-gen, and you likely only nab one of them while the other opens the gates. OP is right, the way the mechanic works right now is rather stupid. Closing the hatch should only trigger the EGC if there's one survivor remaining.

  • I don't like how it works either. Again, problems caused by hatch being a thing.

  • Oh wow I never knew if you let the hatch close on its own, the game continues as normal…