I just had one of *those* Trapper moments

I was on the Grim Pantry and was using Iridescent Jaws. I chased and hit a David at shack then decided to trap the window and go look for people on gens.

I hear the snap of the David disarming the trap not long after. So I focus on setting up my perimeter with my remaining traps. At some point I go near the shack again and I see the David next to the window. He t-bags me several times, confident that I am of no threat to him as my trap was already disarmed. I start chasing him and his goes to vault the window...

snap

The trap had been reset.

I had the biggest grin on my face as I carried him to the hook. Trapper may be one of the worst killers in the game. But damn if he isn't enjoyable when he actually gets a chance to shine!

Comments

  • Ha! I love that. The add-on where traps are reset every 30 seconds is the only way I really find Trapper manageable. I wish they would rework Trapper so he's a more modern killer.

    If trapper could just place traps kind of like how Hag does where if he has no more traps it just removes the oldest trap would make him so much more fun to play.

  • I had a forever Trapper build one time, made the gates take a very very long time to open, as they were opening it, the trap they disarmed underneath them opened up and trapped them. I was smiling like a maniac

  • Ain't a single thing better in DBD than snagging a smarty pants in a trap.

  • I once did a Trapper match on the old Game map, where I was chasing this overly cocky jake. I knew the loop he was heading too well and had trapped it previously (you know, that one with the dropdown and the pallet?)

    Well anyway, I pretended like I was a total idiot, swinging and missing on purpose every time I got close. He fell right into the trap and snapped himself right when I wanted him to.

    Euphoric.

  • I've also found Trapper to be one of the best killers for Haddonfield. 3 gens always spawn in the houses, so trapping them early nearly always results in a 3-4k, even if it is a slow start.

    So long as Trapper plays an area game of focusing on defending 4-5 gens, he is very strong when played right. When running around as any other killer and not having a plan, then he isn't playing to his strengths.