For those with knowledge of OBS Studio

I have had an issue for while where I NEED to load up OBS after a game is launched, otherwise the streamed framerate is something stupid like 20~. This isn't as much of an issue, but it makes switching games in stream basically impossible unless I restart stream which is very annoying.

Anyone know of any ways to change this?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @VESSEL said:

    I have had an issue for while where I NEED to load up OBS after a game is launched, otherwise the streamed framerate is something stupid like 20~. This isn't as much of an issue, but it makes switching games in stream basically impossible unless I restart stream which is very annoying.

    Anyone know of any ways to change this?

    I used OBS for a little while but found that I liked Bandicam more, which is what I use now (should you decide to switch at any time and want to try some settings, feel free to seek me out). I also think that some of my older videos which have mistimed audio came as the result of using OBS. That issue is probably on my end though.

    While I no longer have OBS installed, I do remember that the games I tried to record with it - including DBD - ran worse unless I played the game in windowed mode. This may be a stupid question but have you tried playing that way?

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/260383/for-those-with-knowledge-of-obs-studio

    I used OBS for a little while but found that I liked Bandicam more, which is what I use now (should you decide to switch at any time and want to try some settings, feel free to seek me out). I also think that some of my older videos which have mistimed audio came as the result of using OBS. That issue is probably on my end though.

    While I no longer have OBS installed, I do remember that the games I tried to record with it - including DBD - ran worse unless I played the game in windowed mode. This may be a stupid question but have you tried playing that way?

    Yes I have, but this isn't a DBD issue only afraid. It does it with other games.

  • That's a weird one, it must surely be something in your OBS settings...on the rare occasions that I stream I tend to have OBS open for ages before I actually open a game but I used the most basic settings on OBS - 720p/60fps for example, and I've switched off Windows Game Mode as that caused issues for me.