Bloodweb Rework?

Please consider reworking the bloodweb to be more feasible for long time players. For those that own every DLC and have all teachables unlocked, when new characters come out we have to grind through 6-7 pages worth of perks to unlock everything - good luck finding and maxing the perks you actually want.

That’s not to mention the waste of around 3 million bloodpoints before that if you decide you want to fully prestige that character.

This is an insane grind and isn’t fun or rewarding. I recently just wanted to unlock We’re Gonna Live Forever on Jill and it took me until page 6 to find level 1. Then several more bloodwebs and nothing. That’s... just really not cool. I feel like I’m being punished for owning all the DLCs at this point.

Comments

  • It's a grind for everybody honestly. I started playing 2 years ago on and off and it felt pretty daunting trying to get the perks I wanted/needed to play. God knows how brand new players are coping. At least make the shrine of secrets 4 killer and 4 survivor perks per week. That would be a start for new players. I honestly believe DLC perks should be unlocked as soon as they are purchased. You still need to get them but they are in all your blood webs. Arbitrary grind is not fun. I've been playing a very sweaty Doctor to get as many BP as possible per match just to power through and that's not really fun for anybody.

  • @STARS_truck said:

    It's a grind for everybody honestly. I started playing 2 years ago on and off and it felt pretty daunting trying to get the perks I wanted/needed to play. God knows how brand new players are coping. At least make the shrine of secrets 4 killer and 4 survivor perks per week. That would be a start for new players. I honestly believe DLC perks should be unlocked as soon as they are purchased. You still need to get them but they are in all your blood webs. Arbitrary grind is not fun. I've been playing a very sweaty Doctor to get as many BP as possible per match just to power through and that's not really fun for anybody.

    I actually think this would increase DLC sales because people would know they'd be able to get them (relatively) quickly right away on the killer/survivor they main. It's great to have so many content creators showing this stuff off but they either stream the game full time or get generous amounts of BP from the Devs to show them off. "Use these four perks that are across four DLCs tht you'll need to level up to 40 then find them in the killer you play as."

  • Part of the issue for me is quite simply how boring it is to go through the bloodweb over, and over, and over, and over, and over…

    I can’t tell you how many times I’ve just sat at the cap because I didn’t want to do the web anymore.


  • @STARS_truck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2301907#Comment_2301907

    I actually think this would increase DLC sales because people would know they'd be able to get them (relatively) quickly right away on the killer/survivor they main. It's great to have so many content creators showing this stuff off but they either stream the game full time or get generous amounts of BP from the Devs to show them off. "Use these four perks that are across four DLCs tht you'll need to level up to 40 then find them in the killer you play as."

    @STARS_truck said:

    It's a grind for everybody honestly. I started playing 2 years ago on and off and it felt pretty daunting trying to get the perks I wanted/needed to play. God knows how brand new players are coping. At least make the shrine of secrets 4 killer and 4 survivor perks per week. That would be a start for new players. I honestly believe DLC perks should be unlocked as soon as they are purchased. You still need to get them but they are in all your blood webs. Arbitrary grind is not fun. I've been playing a very sweaty Doctor to get as many BP as possible per match just to power through and that's not really fun for anybody.

    Please support my proposal, it addresses these issues:

    @fogdonkey said:

    Idea:

    Make the perks from the base game, the perks from purchased DLCs and the perks bought from the shrine immediately available to all characters. I.e. it is not needed to buy the perks from bloodweb, the perks are immediately available and on max tier.

    Benefits for players:

    - Removes a lot of grind for players who would like to play various characters and perks but don't have a lot of time to grind for getting all the perks from the bloodweb.

    - Prestige will still require grind, so only dedicated players investing a lot of time will be able to get the exclusive prestige skins.

    - Prestige will be more accessible for players who already managed to get a lot of perks for a character and don't want prestige, because they would lose perks.

    - Players still need to buy items, offerings, add-ons from bloodweb, so the current balance is not really going to be affected.

    Benefits for BHVR:

    - People will be more likely to get into the game and buy DLCs. More money for BHVR! (Currently buying a new DLC is a bit discouraging, because players won't be able to fully use/enjoy it until they manage to get most of the perks, which takes a lot of time.)

    - People will be more likely to buy skins, especially survivor skins. More money for BHVR! (Currently why would someone buy a skin for a survivor that they don't play, because has only a few perks unlocked?)

    Other important reasons:

    - Perks differ a lot from items, add-ons and offerings. Once a perk is bought in bloodweb, it can be used forever. However add-ons, offerings and possibly items get lost after the match. So balancing wise (in the long run) it doesn't make sense to sell the perks for bloodpoints (it slows down a bit buying other stuff from bloodweb only until all the perks are unlocked).

    - I guess the grind was not so noticeable earlier when there were less characters and perks. But after 5 years there are a lot of characters and perks, and more will come. With the current system the amount of grind is increasing a lot as new characters and perks are added: the grind is increasing quadratically for new players and increasing linearly for old players. This makes it very hard for new players to get into the game and hard for old players to stay in it. (This means that it is roughly 4 times harder for new players currently compared to what it was when there were half as many characters).

    Further work:

    My suggestion fixes the grind issue but there are still various other improvements that could be done. Let's don't discuss them too much in this topic, because it is not the main message of my post.

    Some ideas for further improvements:

    - Adding more ways for hardcore gamers to show off their dedication (more special exclusive skins, badges that show up next to their name, toplists, etc.).

    - Possibly making prestige harder since my suggestion makes it a bit more accessible.

    - Balancing the prices in bloodweb, possibly making the nodes more expensive so that players can't use the best add-ons, items, offerings in the matches all the time. Possibly removing the bloodpoint effect from BBQ or WGLF as part of this balancing.