Clown's bottles are bugged.
First match as clown since the new update, I ended getting Torment Creek for the match.
Before I start this, lemme mention I was running Sticky Soda Bottle (One extra bottle) and Robin Feather (Decreases cooldown between bottle throws) as the addons.
First chase was against Jill: I ended up M1'ing her at first without throwing a bottle. Since she didn't notice me coming. After about 10 seconds of running in corn, I noticed she was heading towards Cow Tree so I threw one bottle. I couldn't see the bottle land on her because she was behind a gen in the corn, though she screamed which told me it hit her. Once she reappeared I noticed she was still running at normal speed, even though I heard her scream from the Bottle. By default, I assumed she was at the very edge of the smoke so she screamed but wasn't truly affected (Tends to happen a lot due to the server). Once I got closer to her I threw a 2nd bottle, it hit her dead on but she didn't slow down at all... At this point, I was confused about what the hell happened because like I said, it hit her dead on.
After she used the pallet at Cow tree, she headed towards Shack and I left her due to the fact that it's shack next to Cow tree & I heard another gen getting worked on.
When I went to the gen I heard getting worked on, I found a Nea. She vaulted a window, so I followed and threw my 3rd bottle at her. This, like Jill's 2nd bottle, hit her dead on.... she didn't slow down. So as a test I threw my 4th bottle which didn't hit her dead on but she was in the smoke, no slowdown.
At this point, I knew how the game would go so I just dc'd and was thinking what the hell did I just witnessed.
If anyone has any similar experiences or doesn't have this problem, please say below because IDK what is going on with the bottles. All I know is, from that one match, they currently don't slow anyone down.
Comments
They're actually broken right now, they don't activate the hindered effect.
Well that sucks, I was in the mood to play him for once since I haven't played him in a while. Guess I'll have to wait until he gets fixed
I feel your pain, I really do. Is there any other killer you're thinking about trying?
Clown doesn't really have a power right now.
Bottles aren't working for the majority of the time.
I generally play all the killers since I can't really ever only play one. As of right now, my favorites are Nemesis, Demogorgon, and Wraith. Only killers I don't touch are Hag, Spirit, Ghostface, and Pig.
Ah, Pig is a lot of fun though, same with Ghostface. Pig if you're a huge fan of RNG and Ghostface if you hate survivors. I'm kidding haha
Yea, that sucks. Hopefully they fix him soon, was in the mood to play him more.
Yeah, to be honest the only reason I don’t play pig is because I don’t have her fully leveled up, and I just find other killers more enjoyable. Though she is fun. Ghostface I don’t touch because I personally don’t find his play style that enjoyable.
Fair enough, his playstyle can feel rather slow compared to Michael. Pig can be a pretty decent loop chaser if you know how to use her ambush properly, takes some time, but it's highly rewarding
Agreed, her ambush also feels satisfying when they land.
Exactly haha, I'd say give her a try if you're willing to dumb BP into her, I know it's getting pricey so I don't blame you if you would rather not
That's a theme with this game these days. Wait til the problems are fixed, or play through painful and unfun experience.
Pig is decent if you got Monitor and Abuse (for the no Terrorradius grab) and Whispers is also a good combo (you run out of stealth until whispers turns on then you go into stealth thx to Monitor survivors will not hear your terrorradius).
A lot of things are broken, are you really surprised? lol. Bhvr isn't known for their quality updates after all.
Hey, for bugs and things like that, please report them here so they can easily be looked at: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs If it already has been posted, make sure to upvote the post