Less "Chore" Challenges, or at least smaller numbers
For Tome VII, I was catching up on some of my survivor challenges, and the last challenge before Epilogue on Level 2 is to take 15 protection hits or 15 safe unhooks.....
Then the first challenge of Level 3 is to do 20 of the above.
There are, at most, 6 unhooks per game. And protection hits can only be farmed to a small degree, as being injured can stop you from getting unhooks. This meant that I would, on average, get 3 progress per game as a solo player. For 12 games. By comparison, doing Level 3 Killer Challenges, took me 2-3 games. (Reverent taking 4) In fact, I don't think a single Killer challenge took my longer than 4 games this whole tome.
Compare this to Survivor Challenges:
Repair 12 Generators(I average 2, so 6 games)
Unhooking Survivors who unhooked you safely (Took over 6 games. I eventually just let the killer down me because I was taking too long, and it was not uncommon to be unhooked by people on death hook.)
Cleanse 15 Totems: 3 games MINIMUM, easily 5-6.
Unlock 10 Chests: Without Offerings, minimum of 4 games.
The survivor challenges are way more boring, and since survivor objectives are more limited and less farmable, they take a lot longer to do. On average, it takes me at least twice as many survivor games to get survivor challenges done than it takes me to do all killer and neutral ones as killer, even if I hard focus on the given task, use the best perks, and communicate to my team.
What it comes down to is a survivor's progress cannot be undone, but a killer's can. Normally, this makes things harder for the killer, but for challenges, it means killers can do repeat things like hit extra times with weapons/downs by just letting survivors heal. Hooks are the only truly permanent thing a killer does. Short of letting a killer kick a nearly full gen and letting it regress over 320 seconds (5 freaking minutes), survivors cannot get gens back. They cannot get totems back. They cannot get chests back. Resources are way more limited, more people compete for them, and the challenge numbers are higher.
Comments