Kidnapping Victor: the amusement and irony.
I remember the outrage upon the release of Binding of Kin from those using Twins, because I was also one of these people.
”How could the devs overlook the problem with kidnapping Victor?!”
”Why did they allow survivors to be able to do this?!”
”This is so stupid!! Twins are the worst killers ever!!!”
Now however, as long as I keep a cool head I don’t care if survivors kidnap Victor. In almost all instances it’s usually the dumbest thing a survivor can do.
Take my most recent match for example. I knew from the lobby the 4?P3 outfit survivors were going to be a tough team to handle, so I threw on both iridescent add ons.
We load into Iron Works and I was going to milk my add ons right from the start until they inevitably catch on to what I was doing. Every time I heard a gen being worked on I’d use Victor, they’d get scared off the gen, I’d plant Victor near the gen, then using Charlotte’s Undetectable i’d go over to the gen and come into view just as a survivor kicked Victor. It’s too late for them. I’m already pretty much on top of them and insta down them.
I managed this strategy 4 times before they caught on and respected wherever I left Victor, which still bought me heaps of stall. At this point 2 gens were repaired, and a Nea too much of a hero with her flashlight for her own good was now dead.
I’ve at some point managed to latch Victor onto Ace. To my surprise Ace kidnapped Victor. I guess his plan was if he takes Victor I can no longer use Undetectable, and the other 2 survivors aren’t at risk of falling for the trap of kicking Victor and getting exposed. Obviously I ignore Ace.
Now this poor Tapp and Zarina we’re now left to try and repair 3 gens on their own without further help. As you can imagine things ended badly for all of them. I managed to down Tapp and silly Zarina made her presence known nearby, so I wasn’t going to ignore her, so I left Tapp slugged as I went after her through the main building.
To my shock Ace STILL didn’t get rid of Victor. “Ok, throw the game if you want to...” I finally down Zarina, and look for Victor’s aura (because of how long Ace had Victor at this point). To my amazement, at this dire point in the match, AND the fact I now have a wall hack on Ace, he STILL didn’t get rid of Victor. Ace didn’t last long at this point now he finally had my full attention.
Anyway, funny how upon the chapter release almost everyone was “kidnap, bad”, but now it’s crystal clear “kidnap, good.”
Comments
Kidnapping the not baby is situational, that ace was a dumbass tbh
Depends what the killer does. If they chase you while you have victor then it is smart to hold him. If they go after someone else and you know they can loop and the other 2 are banging gens then yes.. hold him.
If it is solo q then don't hold victor. The problem is that victors respawn speed is way to fast. I have had games where 2 of us healed a downed survivor and it was always enough time to spawn vic and get bac to us to down them while charlote slowly crept closer.
It’s weird because up until he did that they were all playing really strongly. That single decision threw the game for them.