Sigh... Bite The Bullet, or Self Preservation do NOT counter Stridor!
“When healing, you and the Survivor you’re healing make NO NOISE, INCLUDING GRUNTS OF PAIN.”
There’s no percentages here. It’s says NO NOISE. It’s just for the healing action. Make the sounds hidden, or don’t bother making the perk remove any noise. I’m tired of this crap.
This goes the same for Self Preservation. The description specifically says scratch marks, blood, and grunts of pain are HIDDEN!
Stridor Spirit is already strong enough without including MORE ways it CAN’T be countered.
(For clarification, both self healing AND healing somebody else was performed during the match. Grunts of pain we’re still made, albeit quieter. I already know Bite The Bullet doesn’t work if someone else is healing you, unless they have it too).
Comments
BTB or SP would NOT counter Stridor 100% of the time though. Outside of their active periods, survivors running these perks will still be affected by Stridor the exact same as any other survivors not running Iron Will.
I don’t see the problem with these perks simply being silent against Stridor, exactly like they say they should be in their descriptions, for their very brief active periods.
Fair enough, but my point still stands in terms of Iron Will, which is the general complaint.
Sorry. What I originally said was harsh.
What I meant to say is that this discussion isn’t about Iron Will.
But iron wi- (joking)
Dont forget that breathing is also audible
No perk should passively 100% negate another perk, killer power, or item. That's just bad design.
Jesus....
Bite The Bullet and Self Preservation are NOT active 100% of the time.
If a killer is running Stridor, a survivor running Self Preservation or Bite The Bullet will STILL be making grunts of pain at 150% while injured, and STILL be breathing at 125% when healthy. They’re NOT persistent perks like Iron Will is.
It is NOT overpowered to expect that even when a killer runs Stridor these perks do exactly what they’re supposed to do during their very limited use, because they’ll still be heard easily in every other instance while Stridor is active.
What is getting in people’s heads this weird idea that people expect BTB and SP are expected to make a survivor silent all match long?! No one said that. No one expects that. Just when they’re ACTIVE, that’s it. Geez.
I mean who uses strider besides spirit. It's not a commonly used perk
Hi, I've checked into this and yes both perks should effectively remove sounds made completely not just reduce them - so they should certainly not be amplified by Stridor. If you could make a bug report on this that would be great (any video evidence would also be helpful for me to bring back to the team).
Well that’s reassuring. Thanks for looking into this. I’ll do the report.
@TheClownIsKing thank you <3