Queuing times are unbearable with SWF on PS4
The title says it all, it takes forever. When each one goes as single player, it goes relatively fast - and that's what bothers me. Why are single players preferred in such a strong matter over SWF groups?? We wait for like 10 minutes straight (no exaggeration) and find no games at all. Can you fix this please, Behavior???
Comments
Yeah its just a coincidence that all these teams of survivors are on each others friendlist.
Yeah I know, just a coincidence, that has nothign to do with SWF or voice comms.
Of course I dont face crème de la crème military SWF teams everygame, I would have quit the game long ago if that was the case. Doesnt change the fact that they exist and if you dont take that into acount when balancing the game, what is the killer supposed to do? SImply DC and hope that the next game he doesnt get a tryhard SWF?
And before you tell me to git gud or that its a "good survivor problem", how is it possible that people that play the game as their job with several of thousands hours, basically breathing DBD, struggle insanely against such teams? Unless you play nurse, you are simply screwed and this needs to change
@DeadByFlashlight
No I'm not telling you to git gud, I assume that someone who has over 1500 posts in this forum is not just some casual player. What I'm saying is it just hasn't got anything to do with SWF but with the mechanics of how survivors can play out the killer. It's not coincidence the good people are found in teams, you already stated that good players like to team up and I agree. Happened to me a few times as well, I made friends with someone random who was really good and we had a lot of fun playing that match, and so we now play once in a while. Makes perfect sense.
Well, there is more to skill than just pure time you spend in a game. Take noob3 vs tru3talent for example. Noob once said he had something like <1000 hours in the game, tru3 has double or triple as much. Noob3 has played the game not nearly as long and intensly as Tru3, but has the mechanics figured out way better. Even when I compare myself to Tru3, I can definitely say I'm just as good as him with having played only since November last year with maybe sth like 500 hours.
So much to the argument that people struggle with SWF so much who basically breathe DBD. Just because you do something for a long time doesn't mean you are really good at it. Many people who stream I don't find particularly good, and those who I find good never cry as much about SWF. Tru3 does, like all the time.
If you get an SWF team, take it as a challenge, and take the loss if you lose, or take the win if you win.
What I said about the verbal communication is pretty realistic and good players are good, in a team or as randoms, and even with voice comms, every survivor has to carefully evaluate the information he gets from his teammates, and a good player will know he can not 100% trust a verbal info because things change so fast, comms can't keep up.
Here's a short example of how voice comms help if you don't use brain:
A: "He's chasing me"
B: "Alright" hides instead of moving away"
B: *gets hit
B: "######### you said he was chasing you??"
A: "He was until a second ago, I was about to tell you he left me"
Get my point?
Survivors need to be dodged if they are playing SWF.
You don't deserve to play this game.
Yeah True handicaps himself because he wants to be a "nice killer". If he would actually play tactically, tunnel and camp in certain situations, then this would be sth different, but he doesnt do that and that makes him a worse killer than he could be.
Your voice comm example would be the communication of a beginner SWF, which are definitely no problem.
Just like in other comptitive games (csgo perfect example), you can use certain parts of the map to describe location very accurately and evne though the maps are not always 100% the same, this tactic works in DBD too.
Maybe watch a few games of the depip squad and listen to their communication, then you will get a rough idea
Take knockout for example, voice comms completely deny its effect^^
Working as intended
wait a minute. You're lobei though. right?
@DeadByFlashlight
Well you wanted to mention how streamers struggle with SWF groups. And btw, Tru3 does tunnel often enough and still he's got problems.
My voice comm example is something that has happened to the depip squad in one form or another. I've watched their stuff and it actually proves my point about comms, you have to pay closer attention. Often times someone says one thing, while another doesn't blindly follow but observes himself and decides to act differently than told. If you watch closely, you'll also see what I have mentioned: they exchange information about where they are and what they do, but that doesn't hugely influence their actions because if the killer is not near them, they do generators. It's what good survivors know to do. If they didn't have comms, their games wouldn't go about THAT differently simply because there are 4 really good survivors in the match.
I already said, a good survivor can usually still guess pretty well where the survivor is lying, no need for comms here. It happens often enough that someone's not so far away anyway to observe his teammate getting downed, knockout is not that strong of a perk.
And I already said that it's not so valuable to know in which part of the map someone does something, it doesn't effect what good survivor would do anyway.
I'm going to say it again: Voice comms definitely helps and helps to get the maximum out of the team play and can in certain situations -but not at all always- provide an unfair advantage (e.g. adrenaline play), but the main reason why killers struggle with a good SWF group is because each player usually is really good individually in a good SWF group. This is not an SWF problem. Having comms is helpful, but not necessarily game changing.
Good players group up - and another idea: maybe grouped up people play more often because it's fun to play, they push each other, and that's how they get better. But again, not at all an SWF problem in the first instance.
The DbD community has to stop crying about SWF and move on to ideas that acutally fix things.
@Just_Meh
You're not serious, are you?^^