What does anyone think of a Shape-Shifting killer? *Warning: Lots of Reading*

To put it simply, he could take the shape of any survivors remaining in the trial (from 4-2 only.), he could turn into any killer/survivor items, except for certain items:

  1. Window Vaults
  2. Exit Gates and/or their latches, switches, levers, whatever.
  3. Basement Hooks
  4. Breakable Walls
  5. Any environmental things. (Buildings, Monuments, Corn, Boats, Stacks of Wheels, Etc.)

Items you CAN turn into:

  1. Chests and Totems (Hex or Dull)
  2. Generators and Hooks
  3. Pallets dropped or standing up
  4. Survivor items dropped by Toxic Twitch Streamers. (Med kit, Tool box, Keys, etc.)
  5. The Hatch
  6. Lockers
  7. Whatever item that they add later on that can be possible so the killer to transform into. (Example: Boon totems)

It's like a game of "Prop Hunt", but in reverse...

I'd imagine this killer being a stealth killer; kind of like Wraith, Amanda, Michael, and Ghost Face. Terror radius should be hidden when taking form. It could duplicate himself, kind of like the hags traps and Doctor's madness addons. They can chase you but they can't hit you, they can make swing at you, making it seem like they're about to injure you, causing panic. Maybe for an addon, it can also block doorways. I don't think anyone ever thought of a shape shifter, or they probably have, they may have thought it'd be too toxic. I think it sounds cool. Give him a cool name like "The Mimic" or "The Yo-kai".

Comments

  • Usually, when people suggest mimic-type Killers, they refer to a Killer that can turn into other Survivors, which obviously can't work due to SWF. Turning into a Prop-Hunt style Killer is interesting, but considering that a Killer often has to be on the move because they're on a clock, I'm not sure how viable that would really be. It's basically like basing a Killer around a variant of Insidious. You don't really have the time to frequently just stand still and wait for someone to walk into you.

  • Killers turning into static items is hard to work with because of how little time the Killer has to idle, which is why Insidious is such a bad perk outside of camping.

  • No disrespect to the idea, but I would find this too silly. Normally when I think of shape-shifting I think of cooler things to turn into.

  • @TAG said:

    Usually, when people suggest mimic-type Killers, they refer to a Killer that can turn into other Survivors, which obviously can't work due to SWF. Turning into a Prop-Hunt style Killer is interesting, but considering that a Killer often has to be on the move because they're on a clock, I'm not sure how viable that would really be. It's basically like basing a Killer around a variant of Insidious. You don't really have the time to frequently just stand still and wait for someone to walk into you.

    Then disguise as a generator and the moment someone touches you they become exposed. I'm just joking, I agree with what you said