Do Licensed Chapter Perks have a higher chance to be overpowered?

Been thinking about which perks are generally easily exploitable for either side, and I get the feeling (feeling, not fact) that licensed chapters have a much higher chance to bring a 'broken' perk than original chapters.

While sure, it was blight who brought us Undying, and trickster who brought us Starstruck, the licensed chapters brought us DS, OoO, BloodWarden, BBQ, FD and now Lethal.

and while all these perks fit with their lore... they are pretty easily exploitable.

Comments

  • It's a hit or miss.

  • That doesn't seem to be the case. For killers, at least.

    The only really strong licensed killers are Pyramid Head and Freddy, and neither of them are S tier (well, Freddy was, but the nerf put him into A tier where he belongs).

    Plus, none of those killer perks you mentioned are really... good. BBQ is decent, though.

    Blood Warden is mostly only useful against those dumbfucks who think it's super fun to stay in the exit gates until the last possible second. Plus, it requires you to get a hook, which, in the event that this perk is actually in a situation that it can be powerful, that is a hefty requirement.

    BBQ is mostly used for the BP, but the information is undeniably useful. It has counterplay which doesn't require much effort or change to tactics, so I don't see why people complain about it so much. I guess it can't be countered if you're just running around in a dead zone, but you kinda deserve it then. Plus, BBQ is the best anti-tunneling and anti-camping perk in the game, so if anything survivors should appreciate killers running it.

    I have no idea what FD is. Maybe you meant Forced Penance. The perk that applies Broken for 80 seconds on a protection hit. That doesn't even sound strong on paper. The fact that the killer is sacrificing a perk slot for a meager effect that has a fairly low chance of actually triggering at all.

    Lethal Pursuer is only good on Ghostface. It has no effect on the game after the first ten or so seconds.


    The two survivor perks you mentioned are actually fine now. The reason they were so bad before was that the devs were more focused on making the characters feel accurate than be balanced. They later decided to go the complete other way, and overcompensated severely. I mean, be honest, does playing the Executioner make you feel like Pyramid Head, or Nemesis make you feel a Tyrant? I doubt it.

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    That doesn't seem to be the case. For killers, at least.

    The only really strong licensed killers are Pyramid Head and Freddy, and neither of them are S tier (well, Freddy was, but the nerf put him into A tier where he belongs).

    Plus, none of those killer perks you mentioned are really... good. BBQ is decent, though.

    Blood Warden is mostly only useful against those dumbfucks who think it's super fun to stay in the exit gates until the last possible second. Plus, it requires you to get a hook, which, in the event that this perk is actually in a situation that it can be powerful, that is a hefty requirement.

    BBQ is mostly used for the BP, but the information is undeniably useful. It has counterplay which doesn't require much effort or change to tactics, so I don't see why people complain about it so much. I guess it can't be countered if you're just running around in a dead zone, but you kinda deserve it then. Plus, BBQ is the best anti-tunneling and anti-camping perk in the game, so if anything survivors should appreciate killers running it.

    I have no idea what FD is. Maybe you meant Forced Penance. The perk that applies Broken for 80 seconds on a protection hit. That doesn't even sound strong on paper. The fact that the killer is sacrificing a perk slot for a meager effect that has a fairly low chance of actually triggering at all.

    Lethal Pursuer is only good on Ghostface. It has no effect on the game after the first ten or so seconds.

    The two survivor perks you mentioned are actually fine now. The reason they were so bad before was that the devs were more focused on making the characters feel accurate than be balanced. They later decided to go the complete other way, and overcompensated severely. I mean, be honest, does playing the Executioner make you feel like Pyramid Head, or Nemesis make you feel a Tyrant? I doubt it.

    franklin's demise.

    And I've seen Lethal on Nurse... If you can down survivors across the map before they can even orient themselves, something went wonky

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292420#Comment_2292420

    franklin's demise.

    And I've seen Lethal on Nurse... If you can down survivors across the map before they can even orient themselves, something went wonky

    Franklin's isn't that strong, and it wasn't that strong before the nerf.

    Can't really argue about Lethal, though. I guess there are two killers that benefit from it.

  • I would disagree. Looking specifically at killer perks, the ones I think of as being strongest tend to come from original characters, with the exception of BBQ and STBFL.

    NOED is free, Ruin/Devour are Hag perks, Pop is a Clown perk, Discordance is a Legion perk, Plague has 3 massively underrated perks (Corrupt, Dark Devotion, and Blood Echo), Starstruck comes from Trickster.

    I could probably think of more, but the bottom line is that as a killer main I don't think licensed characters have especially powerful abilities or perks.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Been thinking about which perks are generally easily exploitable for either side, and I get the feeling (feeling, not fact) that licensed chapters have a much higher chance to bring a 'broken' perk than original chapters.

    While sure, it was blight who brought us Undying, and trickster who brought us Starstruck, the licensed chapters brought us DS, OoO, BloodWarden, BBQ, FD and now Lethal.

    and while all these perks fit with their lore... they are pretty easily exploitable.

    I still haven't unlocked the teachables for Demo, Freddy, Ghostface etc; there are loads of terrible licensed killer perks I just don't want polluting the bloodweb of other killers i'm still trying to unlock the handful of usable\relevant perks for.

  • In theory, yes, in practice, no. DS and object were really the only good licensed survivor perks, and BBQ&Chili is way overrated.

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292432#Comment_2292432

    Franklin's isn't that strong, and it wasn't that strong before the nerf.

    Can't really argue about Lethal, though. I guess there are two killers that benefit from it.

    I'd say every killer that can traverse the map fairly quickly benefits greatly from it. Heck, I'd not be surprised if there are Huntress mains out there who can just hatchet someone cross the map at the very start

  • Nope.

    Most of meta perks are free. So i do not think so.