Is it frowned upon for the Pig to body block your final Jigsaw Box?
This is my first post, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum. I read the rules, but I still wasn't sure if General Discussion was better or not.
I was playing a match against a pig who idled until we had two generators left, and then began to play. They downed me and put a reverse bear trap on. Unlucky for me, the box that held the key was the fourth one. After downing me a second time (Edit: I was unhooked by another survivor), they proceeded to crouch in front of the fourth box and waited until the timer ran out. They didn't chase anyone else, or even attempt to down me again.
I was wondering if this is something that I should report to the Devs or not. I don't want to waste their time if this kind of thing is not frowned upon. Honestly, I do think it falls under "Griefing / Taking the game hostage", but I'd like to know if I should just suck it up and move on.
Thank you for taking time to read this!
Comments
i dont think its exactly taking the game hostage maybe bodyblocking? but its kinda a ass move, id compare it to letting a survivor bleed out on purpose
I like this idea. Put 4 beartraps and bodyblock one box.
Pretty sure it's not bannable, they made REALLY sure you died from the trap ๐
Considering the fact that Pig cannot know which box was searched and which wasn't, it was either a lucky guess, or she was stalking you while you were searching the other boxes
That's it, that's the Pig Roulette ๐
It's legal. Frowned upon? I mean, it's annoying, just like 385703 other things in this game.
I'd say if you do it strategically when it's advantageous, it's whatever and frowning upon doesn't matter. On the other hand, if you just pick the unhooked survivor and follow them around from the start stalking them, then you're not really playing to your benefit. You're simply trying to be annoying. Which again is still legal.
As a final note, I could actually see a gray area in the rules whenever the trap is not active and gens are not completed. If you just try to harass the trapped survivor by preventing them to remove the hat, but not doing anything to progress the game (aka kill survivors by any means), it could possibly (keyword possibly) be seen as taking the game hostage. This would have to go one for congruous amount of time, though.
And yes, the game could be taken hostage even for a single survivor, like bodyblocking one for several minutes before egc, which has been confirmed to be a reportable hostage situation. Just saying, before we beat a dead horse when someone pops up reminding us of the obvious thaty the other survivors could simply complete the gens, which is effectively not relevant for the offense.
Thank you for all of your responses!
I'll just file this behavior under trolling/being annoying and move on.