For the first time since EGC was introduced

I had a hatch standoff today. Now, it was DbD Mobile, but the problem translates to the base game as well. The killer knew I had a dull key (DbD Mobile discloses a survivor's selected item type and rarity to all players before the trial starts). When it came down to just he and I, he stood over the hatch refusing to close it. I could not escape the hatch during this time. I would have gladly used the key, but the killer gave me no option.

I found it funny more than anything, and he did end up closing the hatch after I went a little bit away. He didn't even attempt to stop me opening a nearby gate. After opening it, he randomly stood at the switch after I was already in the exit gate area. Guess I'm just mulling about the whole encounter at this point, but wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar experience or more to add to the discussion!

Comments

  • How was this a standoff?

    Go do the gens and leave. If they had NOED they would of closed the hatch. If they tried to stop you finishing a gen you could run to the hatch.

    Not so much a standoff but the killer denying you a hatch escape.

  • @Mr_K said:

    How was this a standoff?

    Go do the gens and leave. If they had NOED they would of closed the hatch. If they tried to stop you finishing a gen you could run to the hatch.

    Not so much a standoff but the killer denying you a hatch escape.

    In practice, it ended up being the same result as hatch standoff before EGC. Two players sitting at the hatch unwilling to let the game end via hatch. I mean, the last survivor could do gens before EGC was introduced too right?

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283276#Comment_2283276

    In practice, it ended up being the same result as hatch standoff before EGC. Two players sitting at the hatch unwilling to let the game end via hatch. I mean, the last survivor could do gens before EGC was introduced too right?

    Maybe so

  • I always had funny hatch stand-offs when killers weren’t able to close hatches :)