Chat Filter Ridiculousness
Today, a survivor in pre-game chat tried to say "I'm running vigil." The word vigil was censored.
Another player and I were both able to say vigil. The fourth person had vigil censored for them.
The original person was then able to say the name of the perk.
Seriously BHVR. Back the feature out of production, hire people with machine learning and natural language processing skills to implement it properly, then re-introduce it once you've done it right.
I'd rather have a chat filter done well than a poorly implemented one that actually prevents identifying in-game skills and characters. It's a bit ridiculous that anyone can take a step back, look at the quality of the results here, and think "you know what, this is doing its job, let's keep this in the game."
Comments
Try saying "Michael Scott".
Seriously tho sometimes random names are just censored for no reason, even survivor names, at one point I couldn't say "Jake". I also really hate how if it catches a no no word it blocks like the entire sentence. I can't tell what people are saying half the time because a sentence comes out to "#### ### ####" instead of just the bad word censored. I feel like I'm playing roblox now but I'm sure even roblox has a better filter system than this. It's so stupid.
I wanted to say “WP” to a blight the other day. It came out “##”. Lmao.
“Phone” was censored after one of my matches.
while all this stuff getting censored is super annoying I personally haven’t seen anyone wishing others death or something worse.
i say keep the filter but adjust it. Perks, character names etc should obviously never get filtered out as well as stuff like wp..