Why do so many people hate Legion? I want to understand

Hi, I’m a Legion one trick and have a solid amount of time into the killer. I was red ranks consistently before leaving the game for about a year to take a break and grind Overwatch for a while. I got a considerable amount of hate messages almost every other game for playing Legion back when I played. I thought it was just because I was in red ranks and players can be that way. After a 1 year+ break I returned to find myself in rank 20 after resets. And have spent the past 3 days getting myself back up and I’ve been grinding and I’m at rank 6 and hoping to hit Red ranks this weekend now. And ALMOST every game through all ranks Ive gotten some hate message for playing Legion.. why?? Why do people hate this mediocre killer so much? I legit don’t get it. Is the killer just secretly overtuned and I’m just blind to it? I read patches and the killer hasnt appeared to have any super substantial ground breaking changes since I left. It’s seems the hate for the killer is still as rampant as ever one year later since I’ve returned.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I started playing DBD a month after Legion dropped. I ABSOLUTELY hated him. I never DC’ed and he was frustrating as hell to go against as a new player. I truly believe he’s the reason why it took me longer to understand the game’s mechanics better. I kept trying to heal every single chance I got, and ofc Legion players ran Thano & Sloppy Day one- so you know how that goes. Plus he wasn’t scary or intimidating. The only scary thing about him was that moment you found out he was the killer and you were going to be frustrated for the next 15-20mins. I imagine a lot of players still feel that way- especially today’s new players who have one HELL of a learning curve to get acquainted with. He’s no fun at all.

  • @DeliciousFood said:

    Yeah it comes down to M1 simulator and a free hit to fill please the dopamine receptors of the poor saps that somehow find anything appealing in the creative hollowness that is Legion.

    Almost all Legions stack atrocious amounts of slowdown because the killer is just so god awfully bad that without them they'd get rushed down in most red rank matches. It becomes extremely tiresome, especially with teammates that constantly heal and drop pallets without being injured. It's either get hit for free or do the typical loop kata you'd use against any M1 killer.

    Holy ######### I'd give anything for Legion to get a rework and no longer get a hit without earning it whatsoever and trade it for better downing power. I just can't stand Feral Frenzy.

    Legion is lots of fun to play 😉

  • I think people hate mending constantly. But i personally think legion is fine, i don't necessarily like him but I don't hate him either.

1 2 ›