What MMR has taught me

MMR has taught me that the biggest derankers are legacy players don't hate me of you're a legacy player and don't derank but I've had at least 4 legacy killers today all between the ranks 20 and 16 I guess some legacy players don't like feeling useless against players that are actually good I dunno.

Comments

  • I was at rank 12 before MMR and steadily climbing. Then MMR hit and I was being paired constantly with red rank survivors and getting hammered every game. After I de pipped to 16 (and I was actually trying to climb ranking) I gave up playing by the survivor rulebook and started camping /tunneling to the max.

    Current rank at 14 so it works :).

    But my point to your is I think some players are just getting shafted by mathmaking.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    I was at rank 12 before MMR and steadily climbing. Then MMR hit and I was being paired constantly with red rank survivors and getting hammered every game. After I de pipped to 16 (and I was actually trying to climb ranking) I gave up playing by the survivor rulebook and started camping /tunneling to the max.

    Current rank at 14 so it works :).

    But my point to your is I think some players are just getting shafted by mathmaking.

    If you getting ranks fast like that, you will face with red ranks already :)

    And believe me, camp is so bad tactic. I mean yes, you can win sometimes but when you get good survivors, you will see how much bad tactic.

    Which killer is you playing?

  • Not to defend anything here but is everyone forgetting the rank reset bug fiasko from one or two months ago?

    I was reset from 10 to 20 which shouldn't even be possible. Maybe some of those experienced players had a longer break and got reset to 20-17 and we're now back for the mmr test. All just assumptions but at least that would be a logical explanation excluding I'll intend.

  • @burt0r said:

    Not to defend anything here but is everyone forgetting the rank reset bug fiasko from one or two months ago?

    I was reset from 10 to 20 which shouldn't even be possible. Maybe some of those experienced players had a longer break and got reset to 20-17 and we're now back for the mmr test. All just assumptions but at least that would be a logical explanation excluding I'll intend.

    Well my killer rank resetted from 1 to 15 :)

    And i did not played killer this month so much. And baby survivors comes again and again and killing them is just not fun. For example my last game, i did let leave last 2 guys because i felt sad for them seriously. They deserves better matches.


    20210610231240_1.jpg


  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2261879#Comment_2261879

    Well my killer rank resetted from 1 to 15 :)

    And i did not played killer this month so much. And baby survivors comes again and again and killing them is just not fun. For example my last game, i did let leave last 2 guys because i felt sad for them seriously. They deserves better matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OV39DJ6SXP86/20210610231240-1.jpg

    Yeah I am collecting killer adept while getting back to my beloved comfortable green ranks. Only 3 or 4 to go.

    Simply by playing soft and dragging the games for more killer/survivor interaction lets me get it even without killing them.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2261898#Comment_2261898

    Yeah I am collecting killer adept while getting back to my beloved comfortable green ranks. Only 3 or 4 to go.

    Yeah maybe i can do Nurse adept, that can be last chance :dI have other adepts, only she left but i am not good at her.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2261903#Comment_2261903

    Yeah maybe i can do Nurse adept, that can be last chance :dI have other adepts, only she left but i am not good at her.

    I did that two weeks ago on Hawkins were nurses calling helped me get many sweet blink Snipes. I only killed two, because they wanted to headon and force ds all time.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2261879#Comment_2261879

    Well my killer rank resetted from 1 to 15 :)

    And i did not played killer this month so much. And baby survivors comes again and again and killing them is just not fun. For example my last game, i did let leave last 2 guys because i felt sad for them seriously. They deserves better matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OV39DJ6SXP86/20210610231240-1.jpg

    You should have just killed them. Probably by letting them escape you just hurt them and yourself: their MMR will increase even more, si they will get even harder matches. Your MMR will probably stay the same, so you will face the same noob category next time as well.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2261898#Comment_2261898

    You should have just killed them. Probably by letting them escape you just hurt them and yourself: their MMR will increase even more, si they will get even harder matches. Your MMR will probably stay the same, so you will face the same noob category next time as well.

    If that is happen again and again i will stop play as killer. But i have already sweaty games. So i think my mmr is already high. Last 2 days i faced with so much low ranks but before that, this problem never happened.

  • I played 18 solo survivor games this far, and 11 of them consisted purely of the killer tunneling out one guy, and then 50% of games the other survivors just hide.

    Half the killers were red ranks, while i was paired with rank 20 guys with one lvl 1 perk...

    I think i stop playing until the test is done.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2261848#Comment_2261848

    If you getting ranks fast like that, you will face with red ranks already :)

    And believe me, camp is so bad tactic. I mean yes, you can win sometimes but when you get good survivors, you will see how much bad tactic.

    Which killer is you playing?

    It's all a matter of degree. I was facing really good red ranks straight away. After a while the best way to get kills was to camp. So that's what I did!