Huntress-Hatchet-bug on Gideon's Meatplant

How it happend in game:

I was playing on Gideon's Meatplant as Steve on PC and I jumped through the "shute" while injured and the huntress threw a hatchet while I medium vaulted over the ledge. While falling it hit me and I got stuck on the side of the shut, unable to move.


Testing:

After this happend me and my friend (who was present, with me, at the time of the match) succesfully recreated this multiple times(see images), with relative ease. Even with unbreakable I was unable to get out of this position.

We couldn't test wether this would work with other ranged killers, since neither of us has any.

Hypothosis:

We think this bug is possible due to the animation that plays when a survivor gets downed; more specifically: "The back-flip" animation that plays when hit from the front. When this animation plays, while falling from the "shute", due to the animation placing/moving the survivor backwards they "miss" the hole, and fall between invisible geometry next to it, therfore getting stuck.

We are not entirely sure if holding a direction matters, but I think I was holding left(A)/directing towards the geometry.


Step by step reproduction:

-Injured survivor medium-vaulting from the ledge above the so-called "Shute" on Gideon's Meatplant.

-A Huntress throwing a hatchet from downstairs while the survivor is falling, causing the survivor to be downed.

-The survivor should now backflip next to the shute.


How common we think it is:

Since Huntress-Players will try to hit survivors here it might not be that uncommon, and it is easily reproduceable.

Glitch-blurred.png

From the original game, where it happend.

image.png

From killer PoV.

image.png

Killer PoV, after using unbreakable.

Tagged: Acknowledged

Comments