To the devs (actually a sincere good post)
Thank you. When I first heard of dbd I was skeptical, I was stupid I made fun of it because it's a Friday the 13th rip-off (blatant lie to mess with my friend at the time) but, after the lawsuit, I miss playing the a horror vs game. I did, there wasn't any that was good. Then the name popped up in my memory. "Dead by Daylight." The game I ridiculed without even giving it a CHANCE popped up in my brain. So.. I gave it a shot. Four years later, I'm still here, I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but if I wasn't stupid and played back then, I would been a boomer of dbd as well. I joined when Pig was the talk of the town. I stayed ever since then, I missed out on so much, both good and bad. But, I'm just happy to be here, the friend that got me into dbd quit after I joined. He refused to try again. But, I kept trying to get him back into to it, then eventually. I did, I got him back into it and it was the best. I know we all have a lot of opinions that we stand by, whether it's about Spirit, camping, gen speeds, and the infamous survive with friends. But, I think we can all agree that Dead By Daylight is a one of a kind video game. A game that brought us all together. When I went through a miniature version of hell one year, I only had dbd to keep me company, I was so busy with work and stress that I never had friends to talk to. So I played dbd. I know, I know. "You play dbd to release stress? What are you? Stupid?" Ha. Ha. At the time I didn't care, I got to be both the villain and hero. Hell, I even made a friend through this game, she become one of my best friends, she always was there for me.
I know this game has it's moments of causing incredible stress on both sides, making us rip our hairs out for the times we swing and miss even though the weapon clearly hit when we somehow medium vault when it was clearly a fast vault.
I do love this game, I will admit it. I absolutely do love this game and I'm extremely happy to be apart of it. I hope this game lasts forever, I know it sounds stupid, but if Team Fortress 2 can do it, surely Dead By Daylight has a chance.
My only hope is that devs don't forget about us.
Thank you. Happy early anniversary.
If you read through all of that, your reward is a kitten. Her name is Smudge and she has incredibly derpy eyes. She's super playful and she has on occasion helped me find Blendettes when my failing eyes missed them.
Edit: also I've been drinking a lot of vodka, I hope this doesn't become an embarrassing memory

Comments
Friday the 13th game is 4 years old? Damn I thought its newer
Wholesome post, i like :)
i started the asymm horror thinking same-ish. At that time I only watched a youtuber that played both, and I enjoyed F13th but just from glancing at it didn’t like DbD at all. But the Youtuber always said they liked DbD more (and even quit F13th after a while) so I gave it another chance and a little while later I purchased DbD. Never thought about getting F13 though..
Exactly, same here