Are flashlights viable as a communication tool for solo play?
You can spam the clicks to draw attention and the beam points faster than the emote. Is there solid potential for flashlights to become a communication tool?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Sure, especially if you play P3 claudette, the survivor actually might not have seen you before you clicked the flashlight.
just be sure not to do that close to the killer or he will consider that as BM and might punish you for that
They're not saying anything but I somehow understand when someone is beaming towards a generator or beaming at a chest.
Humanity has been using fire and light as forms of communication for centuries. From smoke signals with fire to the lighting of brazers and lighthouses, so I see no reason why a flashlight cannot do the same. I'd say it is a great way to signal your presence to another player for a variety of reason and can even be used to point to/demonstrate your intent for that player to follow.
With a "Sport Flashlight" and enough batteries you could even use morse code if you wanted to. Though I doubt anyone could understand it fast enough.