It could work if they tried, but I don't see a reason for BHVR to acquire the license.
I've only played a bit of the first game, so maybe this isn't true for every title in the series, but to me it seemed like it was very much an action adventure game; albeit one with an odd focus about the extremes of capitalism.
There was never an enemy I felt actually threatened by in my limited time playing - even the memorable diving suit looking NPCs were just tanky rather than ominous or frightening.
But then that's probably because the protagonist could shoot bolts of lightning from his hands and had a machine gun.
I'm sure in the right setting and with the right presentation, an enemy from that game could make a compelling and creepy Killer (the occult looking teleporting enemies from the garden section come to mind) but like, why bother?
No offense to any fans of Bioshock, but I just don't think it's something DbD really needs.
I think there are bigger horror, and horror-adjacent, licenses DbD could get instead.
To say nothing of BHVR's ability to create their own interesting and memorable original characters.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It could work if they tried, but I don't see a reason for BHVR to acquire the license.
I've only played a bit of the first game, so maybe this isn't true for every title in the series, but to me it seemed like it was very much an action adventure game; albeit one with an odd focus about the extremes of capitalism.
There was never an enemy I felt actually threatened by in my limited time playing - even the memorable diving suit looking NPCs were just tanky rather than ominous or frightening.
But then that's probably because the protagonist could shoot bolts of lightning from his hands and had a machine gun.
I'm sure in the right setting and with the right presentation, an enemy from that game could make a compelling and creepy Killer (the occult looking teleporting enemies from the garden section come to mind) but like, why bother?
No offense to any fans of Bioshock, but I just don't think it's something DbD really needs.
I think there are bigger horror, and horror-adjacent, licenses DbD could get instead.
To say nothing of BHVR's ability to create their own interesting and memorable original characters.