Would a Devotion Based Matchmaking Or Hours Played System Be More Fair
I wonder what people would think of a system of matchmaking based on hours played. Usually, the more hours you play something the better you become. This is true of playing piano, playing dead by daylight Nurse, or any other skill based ability. Granted there are exceptions, like a prodigy who picks up an ability almost instantaneously.
I am a fairly new player. I started playing earlier this year. Most people I've encountered have played for at least a couple of years. Once I reached rank 12 killer, I was matched against red rank people with 4,000 to 5000 hours and they could literally do magic circles around me. I found it physically impossible to hit them.
I should state that I like the current matchmaking system, and always have fun regardless of who I am up against. But in terms of ability, it just seems like an hours played matchmaking system would be the most competitive overall. I guess I could be overlooking something.
Comments
I don't think so, no.
As an example, I can provide me. I've been playing this game for years, I have over 2000 hours...
But if you were to look at Steam, I've only got around 150. Because I played this game on PS4 for a few years before making the switch to PC.
All things considered, 150 is still... Pretty new, for this game especially. I'm not saying I'm a god or anything, I got throughly wrecked on The Game a few hours ago. But I'm still decently good,
I have thousands of hours and I'm terrible, absolutely terrible at the game. Some people just plateau and don't get better, no matter the number of hours.
The game needs skill-based matchmaking. The devs are working on it, but it's not ready yet. No idea if and when it ever will be, unfortunately.