Play to win

I know people talk about rng but I think there a bigger issue and that relates to the grind or pay for character to unlock perk. Almost feel like ea Star war controversy with loot box but with the stupid blood web and. Pay for characters with high chances of not getting that perk in the web. What do y'all think 🤔

Comments

  • You can unlock teachable perks in the Shrine of Secrets. So I don't really understand your point of "you have to pay for a character to unlock a perk".

  • @YuisPinkBob said:

    You can unlock teachable perks in the Shrine of Secrets. So I don't really understand your point of "you have to pay for a character to unlock a perk".

    The shrine (you have to wait) is useless just imagine your a new player and don't have the amount same stuff as other player you have a choice pay or grind/ wait

  • I hate the grind in this game, but it is nowhere near EA levels of greed. Battlefront 2 was ACTUALLY pay to win.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    I hate the grind in this game, but it is nowhere near EA levels of greed. Battlefront 2 was ACTUALLY pay to win.

    I think it close with the wait time in the shrine it almost like they want. You to pay

  • @felix452 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246017#Comment_2246017

    The shrine (you have to wait) is useless just imagine your a new player and don't have the amount same stuff as other player you have a choice pay or grind/ wait

    If you are a new player then it is likely that you will play with other new players who do not have lots of stuff as well. So it'll mostly even out, gameplay wise.

    Yes, the grind on the bloodweb can be annoying sometimes, but it's not the worst and just requires you to play a bit. Actually, the grind on the bloodweb is in the easiest state its ever been in. Now you have rift and daily challenges, along with bloodpoint offerings, where you can earn a lot of bloodpoints in a relatively short amount of time.

    Just like in every game, you have to put some time and effort in if you want good stuff.

  • @felix452 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246026#Comment_2246026

    I think it close with the wait time in the shrine it almost like they want. You to pay

    Wha- I don't-

    Of course they want you to pay. They are still a company after all.

    All I am pointing out is it's nowhere NEAR the level of games like Battlefront 2 (before they had to change it) or Paladins for a short time. Those were ACTUALLY pay to win.

    Theoretically, you could get all the perks in the game for free.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    I hate the grind in this game, but it is nowhere near EA levels of greed. Battlefront 2 was ACTUALLY pay to win.

    well for a while.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246032#Comment_2246032

    Wha- I don't-

    Of course they want you to pay. They are still a company after all.

    All I am pointing out is it's nowhere NEAR the level of games like Battlefront 2 (before they had to change it) or Paladins for a short time. Those were ACTUALLY pay to win.

    Theoretically, you could get all the perks in the game for free.

    Same as starwars before they change you could grind threw loot boxes for dark Vader took a long time but was possible.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246032#Comment_2246032

    Wha- I don't-

    Of course they want you to pay. They are still a company after all.

    All I am pointing out is it's nowhere NEAR the level of games like Battlefront 2 (before they had to change it) or Paladins for a short time. Those were ACTUALLY pay to win.

    Theoretically, you could get all the perks in the game for free.

    Paladin's ob64 issue was worst I have no argument about that

  • Not necessarily. I could win without perks as survivor and most killers. And killers stomp low rank survivors regardless of perks.