The console Nurse respect

So today I learned that Angrypug himself respects the console Nurse. I watched him die to one and he actually gave them props. As a console nurse main myself this does put a smile on my face. For someone like pug to give props to a killer really says something.

I myself have received tons of props from my fellow consoloids for playing her as well because they know how hard she is to learn on here, but to see that respect go beyond to pc players to big streamers really is that much more encouraging.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    out of the hard mechanical killers i honestly believe she's the simplest to learn on console. not many survivors are unpredictable enough to be that much of a threat once you get your blink timing/positioning down.

    I respect your opinion, but may I ask which killers you consider the hard mechanical killers?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245516#Comment_2245516

    huntress, trickster, slinger, plague, demo, arguably billy/blight/oni, and pyramid head in some regards.

    all of these killers might be more accessible for people at first because you can chase normally on a lot of them and do decently well, but i'd argue they require more game sense than nurse and in some ways their mechanical depth is higher. you have to worry about how to play tiles depending on the capabilities of your power, as well as determine how best to apply pressure in a match depending on the skill level of the other players.

    with nurse, you don't have any of that. you blink close to them & you hit them. if you don't get them with the first set of blinks & you were smart enough not to swing when you knew you were going to miss, you'll have an even easier time getting them in the next set. there's no going for fancy shots through gaps or across the map, there's no faking people out or zoning them with your power, there's no caring about bump logic or curving. there is only blinking & predicting your opponent as you would on any other killer.

    in fact, i'm already starting to find her boring again. she is extremely simple.

    E: like the only problem with nurse that can make her 100% harder than other killers is when you get a map like Lery's or Rotten Fields. The amount of predicting you have to do with little to no information on the survivor you're after is nuts, and unless you have insane reaction times and have mastered the bad response curve you're probably going to have a bad time.

    I'm assuming you also play on console? You must be a really good Nurse then.

    Honestly I've always considered huntress harder to learn on console than Nurse for me personally. Aiming and leading your shots with control sticks is not easy stuff. I still can't play her although I've never tried much to learn her. For her and Slinger I can understand. For blight I feel I've actually been having a pretty easy time with him ever since he was fixed on console. The turn rate feels super lenient now and if it wasn't for the sliding I think he'd be doing even better. For plague I can't really see any argument for her being mechanically harder than nurse so I can only assume you're talking about game sense. I will say I barley play her, but from what I understand is you get people infected and the most you have to do, in terms of game sense, is decide when the best time to use corrupt purge is. I could be wrong though cause as I said I don't play her. For Billy I can understand. I've seen some amazing flick Billys and it's really hard to try and replicate that stuff. It requires precise timing and extensive map and tile knowledge AND predictability on what survivors will do on those tiles in order to effectively make the best use out of your chainsaw with curves. There's definitely an argument there. For the rest I can't really see it. They don't seem difficult to me at all enough to provide an argument.

    I am glad we can agree that maps with tons of LOS blockers do make Nurse extremely difficult though since she has no choice but to use her power to catch survivors.

    At the end of the day though that's what it comes down to. Nurse has to use her power to catch survivors. If you don't know how to use it you're sol. Everyone else can fall back on chasing normally if the player doesn't know how to use their power. With Nurse you either have that muscle memory down or you lose and the better the survivors are, she just becomes that much harder to play. Unpredictable survivors will make you feel like you're playing on Lerys. The thing is that most survivors, for me at least, really aren't that good. A full team of good survivors are almost as rare as a god nurse. For that reason nurse doesn't really need to reach her skill cap (or even close to it) in order to compete with most teams.

  • Thanks, she's worth it.