My Attempt at a Legion Rework
Introduction
So, with all these Legion posts going around recently I decided to try to give my shot at a rework, with it I want to address 3 main problems:
-Legion having a problem catching up to survivors while in Frenzy
-Survivors having no incentive to stay together
-Feral Frenzy having no lethality
So with these things in mind, lets begin shall we?
Feral Frenzy Rework
-Feral Frenzy starts deactivated
-Feral Frenzy now has 90 charges at base
-Feral Frenzy replenishes charges at 1 charge/s
-Feral Frenzy replenishes .5 additional charges a second for every injured, dying or hooked survivor
-Hitting a healthy survivor grants The Legion 15 charges (1/6 of their power)
-Once Feral Frenzy is fully charged, press the primary power button to activate Feral Frenzy
-Consume 6 charges/s while activated
-Increase Feral Frenzy movement speed to 5.6m/s (140%) up from 5.2m/s (130%)
-Hitting a survivor in Feral Frenzy applies the Deep Wound status effect to the survivor but does not injure them
-Hitting a survivor in Feral Frenzy replenishes 45 charges (50%)
-After successfully hitting a survivor in Feral Frenzy, receive Killer Instinct on every body within your terror radius that is not affected by Deep Wounds
-After successfully hitting at least 2 survivors in Feral Frenzy, Blood Frenzy will become available
-Blood Frenzy can only be activated while Feral Frenzy is activated
-Hitting a survivor in Feral Frenzy while they're already affected by the Deep Wound status effect will immediately cancel The Legions power, sending them into fatigue and consume all charges
-Deactivating Feral Frenzy saves the current amount of charges
-Deactivating Feral Frenzy or Blood Frenzy by any means will send The Legion into a 4 second fatigue
NEW ABILITY: BLOOD FRENZY
// Blood Frenzy works very similarly to Feral Frenzy but this is where The Legion gets their lethality
-While in Feral Frenzy and you've hit at least 2 survivors, press the secondary power button to activate Blood Frenzy
-Once activated, a global audio cue will be played
-Once activated, replenish all charges
-Receive Killer Instinct on survivors affected by Deep Wounds, except for the last survivor you hit with Feral Frenzy
-Hitting the last survivor you hit in Feral Frenzy while in Blood Frenzy will not damage the survivor but will instead immediately cancel your power and consume all charges
-Hitting a survivor in Blood Frenzy deals 1 health state of damage and cleanses them of Deep Wounds
-Hitting a survivor in Blood Frenzy will replenish 25% of charges
-Attack cool down time increased in Blood Frenzy from 1 second to 2 seconds (This is to give survivors a little bit of time to run away)
-Deactivating Blood Frenzy by any means will consume all charges and send The Legion into fatigue
// The introduction of Blood Frenzy should make The Legion a lot more Lethal, this new lethality might incentivize survivors more to heal as The Legion will gain his power much slower (No survivors injured = 90 seconds, compared to 4 survivors injured = 30 seconds)
DEEP WOUND CHANGES
-Survivors can no longer Mend themselves and have to rely on others to Mend them
-Bleed Out Timer increased to 90 seconds (up from 20 seconds)
-Bleed Out timer will only pause if in a chase or if being mended
-Deep Wounds now counts as a healing action. Meaning any perks, add ons, or items will affect it (Can heal Deep Wounds with a Med-kit or Self Care)
// Survivors not being able to mend themselves forces them to find some one else to mend them, or use the alternative:
New mechanic: patching stations
-5 patching stations are scattered around the map and survivors affected by Deep Wounds will be able to see them with a white aura
-Interacting with a patching station removes Deep Wounds and heals the survivor
-Can only be used once
//Patching stations are very powerful tools for survivors but have to be used carefully, as they only have 1 use
Conclusion
This rework aims to make The Legion a bit more interesting to play as and against, while also increasing his viability. Reworking The Legion while also keeping their identity is also quite difficult as they could easily become way too oppressive. There are a lot of restrictions I had to do and hopefully there isn't anything I'm missing (but if I am let me know <3)
Well, let me know what you think!
Comments
Would change the number of survivors hit to activate blood frenzy to 3. This is a very spontaneous power and could easily become a problem with the survivors an only be mended by other survivors. I get that this is the point but I'll be honest that does feel a little too oppressive. Also just a little other thing I feel the undetectable part is unnecessary.
Thinking back at it now I agree, the amount of pressure The Legion would be able to get with little to no effort would be WAY too much. Which is why I thought of this and Ill update it:
- Hitting a survivor while in Feral Frenzy grants them the Deep Wounds status effect but does not injure them
Seems like a Legion with more slowdown due to the Stations. And if survivors don't get injured by Feral Frenzy, then he has even less lethality than before. Do you mean they can't be downed? Because that would make more sense
Feral Frenzy cant down, but Blood Frenzy can.
And keep in mind, a survivor can only mend themselves using a Patching Station, and thats a limited ressource.
EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that Blood Frenzy just damages for 1 health state, and doesnt immediately send survivors into the dying state
Ah okay, just reword it that way then. I thought you meant Feral couldn't even injure them. This rework would also make them incredibly cruel against solo queuers
I mean Feral Frenzy cant damage at all, all it can do is apply Deep Wounds.
Blood Frenzy how ever, will damage a survivor no matter what, and youre encouraged to apply Deep Wounds as much as possible while in Feral Frenzy to then get Killer Instinct while in Blood Frenzy
Ah, you'd have to attack twice in Blood Frenzy. Okay. The numbers would probably need some tweaking during a PTB, but it could work. Idk how to feel about Stations tho, they don't fit the lore at all.
Well it kind of fits the lore, The Legion seem to be a little cocky at times as seen in their perk descriptions. And also an add on shows that theyve researched stab wounds. Patching Stations would basically be their version of letting some one get back on their feet only to knock them straight down again
I mean I guess, but I like that their power doesn't have much Entity intervention. Keeps them more human. Either way, this could work, hard to say with its complexity, the numbers could need tweaking
I mean its not really The Entity intervening, I see this mostly like Nemesis' Vaccines
The Entity creates the realms, so she creates both of those things. Idk, maybe get rid of the Stations and allow Feral Frenzy to injure but not down. Like I said, limited mends is extremely problematic for solo queuers
Here's the thing, when I make reworks I basically see them all in the game. Meaning that my changes to The Legion, Trapper, Spirit, etc, are all in the game.
For months now I've been writing a post of what I would do to rework The Trials, a way to refresh the current gameplay, remove some if not all of the frustrations from both sides, while still keeping the core elements there. It also aims to bridge the gap between Solo Q and SWF immensely
So stay tuned for that