IA in future chapters.

I was looking around and discovered that they want to continue with the implementation of AI in killers, if so, would you like to have it? What is your idea for an AI implementation in future killers or maybe survivors if it happens?

Comments

  • @Jarol said:

    I was looking around and discovered that they want to continue with the implementation of AI in killers, if so, would you like to have it? What is your idea for an AI implementation in future killers or maybe survivors if it happens?

    map elements like sharks if we get a sunken ship map, or generally summonable npcs for killers (inlcuding older ones)

  • @Jarol said:

    I was looking around and discovered that they want to continue with the implementation of AI in killers, if so, would you like to have it? What is your idea for an AI implementation in future killers or maybe survivors if it happens?

    Did you try the AI in the PTB (I'm assuming you did, as you speak with some familiarity of the subject)? It's actually pretty good. There will be people who say that it sucks but as a guy who has always preferred single-player games, I've seen far worse AI in far less complex games. These bots aren't perfect, but the pathfinding and decision-making on both the killer and survivors feels pretty organic and dynamic.

    Honestly if they left the AI exactly as it is and just added the ability for players to choose who's in the match as well as which map it takes place on, I would be over the moon. It would be a dream game to me. And if they actually IMPROVE the AI? That's just gravy for the golden mashed potato pile. I can honestly say that I'm more excited about this feature than I am about any DLC. Hell, I'd pay for it as if it were (but don't tell them that I said that). :P

    I have no specific wishes in terms of behavior. Just AI that tries to complete its objectives intelligently and carefully, maybe a few selectable difficulty levels, and I'm good to go.

  • Hopefully they'll replace the DC penalties with bots and that will be that, at least so far as general changes are concerned. Though perhaps they could rework the twins and add AI to other, new killers