This is why we will never get cross progression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2YvtWLgtFw&t=4s

They charge the developers money based on how much they predict they will lose.

Comments

  • Cant BHVR just copy-paste my progress on their servers and let me get an access to it from different platforms on their own? Or its now property of Sony since I gained that progress on playstation?

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2YvtWLgtFw&t=4s

    They charge the developers money based on how much they predict they will lose.

    While not confirmed as what Sony officially does, its pretty safe to assume they have some form of deal given how Sony's handled other games.

    @ShinobuSK said:

    Cant BHVR just copy-paste my progress on their servers and let me get an access to it from different platforms on their own? Or its now property of Sony since I gained that progress on playstation?

    Wish it was that simple :(

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Cant BHVR just copy-paste my progress on their servers and let me get an access to it from different platforms on their own? Or its now property of Sony since I gained that progress on playstation?

    Sony gets a cut from everything you purchase. In a way they do own YOU and see you as an asset. Allowing you to move to another platform is lost revenue.

  • This is for cross-play, which we already have.

  • I never get sick of stories of greed in the video game industry. Have they shut down Gamestop for selling used games yet?