Maybe perpetuating unfun behavior isn't a completely bad thing

So I recently had a game that didn't go so well because I was trying to have a sweatless game with Trickster running haunted ground/undying. But because RNGesus hates my guts I got 4 Neas with flashlights who T-bagged throughout the entire game.

To most people, the usual refrain is to be the "better man" and just play normal, regardless of how much you want to bring in the stridor/NOED Spirit. But what does that achieve? They're still going to be toxic, and they're still going to be making profoundly un-fun games for other killers. The goal of this is to not perpetuate the problem, but is standing by and doing nothing going to stop the perpetuation of these problems?

Now, if you go ahead and pick up the tunneling stridor/NOED Spirit, sure, you become part of the problem, but counterintuitively, you may be helping to solve the problem. In the short run, people are going to get tilted and the toxicity is going to rise, but people can only be angry for so long before they tire out and seek a resolution. People will get sick and tired of sweating 24/7 and try to reach a mutual agreement. Even better, the rise in less-than-fun gameplay catches the eyes of the devs and they take action to stop the behavior.

And that's my defense of playing facecamping Bubba every Friday, thanks for listening. It's not fun for me or the survivors but damn, it's cathartic.

Comments

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2230713#Comment_2230713

    I hate that it's like that, by the way :( I play this game to play hard and get kills generally, but sometimes even I just wanna chill and play a fun game with an experimental build. But you do it once and then it becomes the expectation.

    Oh no I hear you, some people will get very upset that you didn't "take it easy" or play by their rule book, but feeding into that mindset by playing "nice" doesn't really discourage it, it only makes people say "well the last guy did this or didn't do that, so you shouldn't either, no matter what".

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226748#Comment_2226748

    Not according to Survivors. To them, doing anything to win is not-nice behavior. These are people who literally want them game to be hide and seek/tag where they can't actually lose. Proof:

    -4% rule

    -'You're tunneling meeeeeee!'

    -'You're camping meeeeeee!'

    -NOED IS AN OP CRUTCH PERK!

    -NERF (insert literally any Killer here who isn't total garbage)!!

    Like killers don't do it too.


    Don't generalize an entire role.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226454#Comment_2226454

    Except you're not countering it. You're just spreading the disease. You're not fighting those who wronged you first. You're just trying to wrong someone else.

    Make me wish there was a rematch option and re select your killer, wouldn’t be op but it would be fun seeing how scared survivors would accept a rematch on the killer terms.

  • I have my own remedy for this. I just send in steam blacklist anyone who has been toxic in the match or chat. And look before start, who got to me in the lobby. This way innocent will not suffer and I always know who deserves dirtiest play possible.

    Of course, this does not mean that I will "fairplay" with the others. I play the way it is most effective at the moment. But with others, sometimes I let them get more fun out of the match, if it doesn't interfere with my tasks. Blacklisted people - never. They always get worst possible out of me, if there is a choice.

    It used to be easier. But then dear devs blocked the ability to change killer in lobby. And nerf Mori. And if earlier I could easily deal with bad players for a strong killer in my hands, and give normal game for others. Now i must play tryhard with everyone who will be teammates of these players. Because they will probably try to help him or just do gens too fast. Otherwise, it's just too difficult to kill whoever I want, if it's not potatoes.

    Therefore, if I have a weak killer selected, now I just dodge this lobby. Which is also not bad - these people will wait longer for the match. The search for killer at this time is still instant for me. I think if everyone did this, there already would be no toxicity in the game. Because all such players would have a bad gaming experience or a very long wait in lobby.

    Unfortunately, this only works for one side, from killer to survivors. So toxic killers cannot be avoided in this way.

    There are a lot of toxic players in this game now. So if you want to go this way, be prepared that your blacklist will be very big over time :D

1 2 ›