I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING

With the upcoming change to hook-camping penalty to chaser emblems, Insidious perk will have no practical use unless you don't care about ranking up.

LOL.

Comments

  • You do know that people who use Insidious by default don't care about ranking up. ;)

  • Honestly, the perk could be made better by requiring you to stand still for 5 seconds, then giving you a speed boost for 3 seconds... THINK OF TEH MIND GAEMS!

  • @tehshadowman33 said:
    With the upcoming change to hook-camping penalty to chaser emblems, Insidious perk will have no practical use unless you don't care about ranking up.

    LOL.

    Campers have never cared about ranking up.
    But maybe it will be possible to derank by camping now while still geting a decent amount of BP, we will see

  • The developers have recently banned a large number of "habitual disconnectors". At the same time, they included an emblem penalty for "camping". 

    What will likely follow the patch will be mass camping as the safer way to DC.
  • @tehshadowman33 said:
    With the upcoming change to hook-camping penalty to chaser emblems, Insidious perk will have no practical use unless you don't care about ranking up.

    You can always camp that hatch. They haven't taken that away from you... yet.

  • Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I use insidious to listen for footsteps when I can't seem to find anyone :3 although, come to think of it, I do always feel compelled to camp nearby after hooking someone.

    Oh #########, you know what? This doesn't only affect the usefulness of insidious, but it affects leatherface as well. The only times that damn chainsaw is useful is when people are unhooking; to pretend you're quickly destroying pallets; and to cut off and down survivors that commit to vaulting without looking behind them.

  • apropos said:

    Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I use insidious to listen for footsteps when I can't seem to find anyone :3 although, come to think of it, I do always feel compelled to camp nearby after hooking someone.

    Oh #########, you know what? This doesn't only affect the usefulness of insidious, but it affects leatherface as well. The only times that damn chainsaw is useful is when people are unhooking; to pretend you're quickly destroying pallets; and to cut off and down survivors that commit to vaulting without looking behind them.

    You don't want to rank up anyway, especially with weak killers like Leatherface 
  • I think it's time to rework Insidious to make it useful outside of camping the basement.

  • @apropos said:
    Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I use insidious to listen for footsteps when I can't seem to find anyone :3 although, come to think of it, I do always feel compelled to camp nearby after hooking someone.

    Oh #########, you know what? This doesn't only affect the usefulness of insidious, but it affects leatherface as well. The only times that damn chainsaw is useful is when people are unhooking; to pretend you're quickly destroying pallets; and to cut off and down survivors that commit to vaulting without looking behind them.

    You have Stridor for listening.

  • @tehshadowman33 said:

    @apropos said:
    Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I use insidious to listen for footsteps when I can't seem to find anyone :3 although, come to think of it, I do always feel compelled to camp nearby after hooking someone.

    Oh #########, you know what? This doesn't only affect the usefulness of insidious, but it affects leatherface as well. The only times that damn chainsaw is useful is when people are unhooking; to pretend you're quickly destroying pallets; and to cut off and down survivors that commit to vaulting without looking behind them.

    You have Stridor for listening.

    Stridor only covers breathing I thought? Besides, standing still with insidious, even for 10 seconds convinces a lot of survivors you've left the area, sometimes exposing where they've been hiding. But, I mean, if the point is that insidious is mostly useless, I'd agree with that.

  • @tehshadowman33 said:
    With the upcoming change to hook-camping penalty to chaser emblems, Insidious perk will have no practical use unless you don't care about ranking up.

    LOL.

    And you are wrong. Shows how uncreative most people are.