As a solo, Visionary is now my favourite perk, and for one of the least obvious reason.

First, let me clear up the Visionary vs Déjà Vu debate. Déjà Vu primarily provides one purpose, and one purpose only: to ensure you, and your teammates do not give the killer a late game 3 gen by constantly updating the perk user with which 3 remaining gens would be the strongest for the killer to defend. Even with superb map awareness, Déjà Vu still provides a significant advantage to a solo player when they cannot always know which gens the other 3 survivors are working on. Visionary CAN help with this, but nowhere near to the extent of Déjà Vu. These subtle differences matter.

Now onto why I love Visionary so much. Well on a lighter note, it’s definitely something I’m running when I first get a chance to use an RCPD Badge. So obviously, Visionary is great for newer maps.

But even on older maps, with superb map awareness it’s still great for a small number of reasons.

1) as stated earlier, it can help 3 gen scenarios.

2) no screwing around. Gens are found easily. This is important for any indoor maps. Especially when it gets down to repairing the last 1 or 2 gens.

3) it’s easy to get caught up in the chaos and forget WHICH gens teammates have already repaired in some areas of the map. I start heading towards shack for example and know not to waste my time if no gen is showing within the range I would expect one to show up because of Visionary.

Lastly, my final reason I love this perk as a solo player, if I’m not running Bond, Visionary tells me where I should NOT lead a killer if I am chased, just in case other survivors are working on them. With Visionary I can make an informed decision during a chase on where I can attempt to lead the killer, and hopefully that will be furthest from any remaining generators yet to be repaired. This is especially effective with Open Handed.

“But why not just use a map or rainbow map?” You’re seriously going to hope you’ve managed one full entire lap of every area of the trial before being chased by the killer, AND you’re then going to be activating your map MID CHASE so you can know which gens you SHOULDN’T lead the killer to?!

That’s just way too complicated.

Comments