Changes BHVR made to the RPD Map

Just going to make notes on the room changes. Feel free to tell me of any I missed


Stars room got changed from RE2 to make a loop in it. 

Stars room has second door

Armory is only strong if you throw the pallet on the entrance side or else you lock yourself in.

They've added 2 doors to the back outside area on the ground floor right wing that's not in RE2.

Trophy room has new doors added to it

Any hallway that was blocked off by debris is now cleared. Most noticeable in left wing ground floor of rpd. 

Added 2nd door to linen room to make a loop on 2nd floor left wing

Library walkway fixed.

2nd entrance added to ground floor right wing from main hall.

Left wing attic removed

Right wing bullpen room now has 3 doors instead of 1.

Door added to chiefs office connecting it to main hall 2nd floor instead of parking garage.

Art room now has 3 doors instead of 1, also changed layout of room.

Door added to roof that connects to hallway outside of chiefs office.

Door added to break room that connects to right wing bathroom.

Door added to dark room

NEW outside area added next to dark room

NEW outside area connects dark room hallway to operations room hallway.

NEW staircase added in left wing around linen room and operations room

Comments

  • The Attics were blocked off/removed as well

    Like the one where you first find a licker/the one where you do a certain puzzle.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    The Attics were blocked off/removed as well

    Like the one where you first find a licker/the one where you do a certain puzzle.

    🙏!

  • I’ve played RE 2 so I know the map pretty well overall, but I’m still trying to get used to the potential gen, totem, pallet, and window spawns.

  • Also I don't know if you want to count it or not, but they also kept the little area behind the statue in the police station lobby blocked. In RE2 it leads down into the sewer area where you fight Birkin

    Also fun fact, music plays if you go near the safe room areas as a survivor

  • @GannTM said:

    I’ve played RE 2 so I know the map pretty well overall, but I’m still trying to get used to the potential gen, totem, pallet, and window spawns.

    Its super weird. Like I speedrun re2 remake and to see the map look like the map but be wildly different with all the new pathways is super weird to me. It's not bad, this map is killer but it's weird.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2220100#Comment_2220100

    Also I don't know if you want to count it or not, but they also kept the little area behind the statue in the police station lobby blocked. In RE2 it leads down into the sewer area where you fight Birkin

    Also fun fact, music plays if you go near the safe room areas as a survivor

    I'm not going to mark down the lack of 3rd floor, or access to parking garage. It seems like they specifically chose to only do the ground floor and second floor with this map.

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2220106#Comment_2220106

    I'm not going to mark down the lack of 3rd floor, or access to parking garage. It seems like they specifically chose to only do the ground floor and second floor with this map.

    That's fair although I doubt including the little library area with the elevator would've been too much. They could've had a gen or totem spawn in there or something. Maybe have it be a basement spawn

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2220103#Comment_2220103

    Its super weird. Like I speedrun re2 remake and to see the map look like the map but be wildly different with all the new pathways is super weird to me. It's not bad, this map is killer but it's weird.

    Next time I log on to RE 2, I guarantee you I’ll be thrown off and I’ll think I can go a certain way but I can’t all because of DBD lol.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2220114#Comment_2220114

    That's fair although I doubt including the little library area with the elevator would've been too much. They could've had a gen or totem spawn in there or something. Maybe have it be a basement spawn

    Basement spawn would have been the best choice. But I'm betting that it's more a technical issue than anything. Their engine is probably super finicky with multilevel maps. That's why almost all maps only have 3 planes that they function on. The ground floor, the second floor, and the basement. I can only think of 1 map off the top of my head that has structures bigger than 2 stories.

    Edit: all the bedlam maps operate potentially on 4 levels if basement spawns inside the school. The one I thought of though was the 3 story coal tower in one of the MacMillan maps

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2220111#Comment_2220111

    Next time I log on to RE 2, I guarantee you I’ll be thrown off and I’ll think I can go a certain way but I can’t all because of DBD lol.

    At this point it's muscle memory. I actually wonder what's the loop potential of running the speedrun route 🤔