Announce BP events father in advance, please.

This helps with those of us who have to plan to take off work for a long weekend or to try and work real life schedules around this. I have playing off and on since soon after the game came out and the inability to plan more than a week or two out is frustrating. I understand that "usually" with an event, there is some BP event during that, but why do you have to be cryptic about it a month out or so? That seems like a reasonable time and allows people to get excited about coming back.

Use case: I have been waiting for the announcement for when the event is, and based off of past years I took off the 18th, 24th, and 25th of June, because I did not know which weekend after the anniversary (on the 14 June) would have the double or triple bloodpoints. That was all based off past events, how they have been around for two weeks or so, but not the whole event.

I may be short-sighted, or missing a reason that is logical that you wouldnt say "during the 1st-15th of July, you will get 2x or 3x blood points..." now that you have announced the event.

I want to also address people that say it is "insignificant" or "unnecessary" to understand in advance when it comes. I would counter that by saying I commute 2.5 hours to work round trip each day, so if I can give myself a long weekend to relax and enjoy my hobby, then it greatly enhances my ability to be effective at work and enjoy the game. At the end of the day, we all play how we want and I think there is a large amount of the community that would benefit from being able to plan around events (and likely it would up the amount of players planning to play that weekend/week)

In conclusion, please consider stating clearly when you are going to do bloodpoint events 4 weeks or so in advance, especially if you already revealed the event, in the case of the anniversary. The smaller events and BP hunts are not really what I am aiming to amend currently.

Help us plan to make the event even bigger and play even more, while not impacting our jobs/life with shorter time frames on planning. I am a software engineer and we plan releases, far out, so the more I know, the better off I can be.

Thank you for your time and for your consideration.

-Dan

Comments

  • In case I was not clear, I only mean the timeframe which there will be double bloodpoints awarded for participating in trials, not the actual events, those are announced with plenty of time, in most major cases.