How to solve the event hook problem.
The best ways to solve the problem an d assuage killers concerns are to either make event hooks completely immune to sabotage. They'd still be able to be sabo'd for points but wouldn't fall off thus people could get points if those are the hooks they can do.
The other way is to make them auto respawn within 15-20 seconds of being sabo'd then have a timer that makes them immune to being sabo'd again for 1 minute. You could also just have a hard reset timer that's 15-20 seconds and if you have Hangman's Trick it drops to 10 seconds at rank III.
This would make it much more clear to both sides what's there to be able to do, killers wouldn't have to worry about it and could just play normally. The survivors wouldn't have to be worried about getting hard camped for bringing a toolbox to do gens for their tokens.
This would keep both sides from being jerks (for the most part) to the other side over event hooks and what a prior or current jerk(s) might or might not do.
Comments
I run Hangman's' on several killers including my Trapper and it's super op if you think about it 10 seconds is broken. It'd be far better to make it less op like they want to do but not go so far.
Tier I - Hooks respawn after 60 seconds.
Tier II - Hooks respawn after 45 seconds
Tier III - Hooks respawn after 30 seconds.
Then as an added protection bonus
Tier I - Hooks that respawn are immune to sabotage for 15 seconds.
Tier II - 30 seconds
Tier III 45 seconds.
Nerf Hangman? What are you talking about?
Oh the good old event for killers. "run these 3-4 specific perks just to get people into event hooks" while still trying to maintain pressure on survivors with literally 0 perks that help on chase or finding the survivors.
Oh yes amazing how most killers had no issues during the BBQ event while running their normal perks.
Or you could just stop complaining that a worthless perk got a buff.
I heard some minor noise in the beginning of the event when SWF squads thought it'd be hilarious to sabotage everything but I guess they stopped when they realized that they didn't get much bloodpoints themselves wasting so much time sabotaging..
True, the devs were pretty sneaky and also the jerks figured out that everyone else wouldn't save them if they did it for the most part. I wouldn't go for an unhook unless I had too or unless the killer hooked someone else and the same was true for most of us.
I did ended up getting matched with a few jerks that'd try and grief me or others that had left them suffer and the killers would remember who was who also. For the most part there was lots of farming going on both sides with very little jerkish behavior from both sides.
The jerks on both sides got harsh treatment as well ocne people figured out who was who.
The midchapter patch with the sabo buffs will hit before the event starts.
Seems like a good idea, right?
The event starts this Friday, mid chapter patch will come out probably after that depending on if they wait or not since it's so close to the event/certification process.
I expect that the patch will be thursday. But it would be nice if it hit after the event so that we got the weekend to farm the hooks at least
Agreed and hopefully they'll wait till after the event but perhaps that might be too long of a time frame.
They have to patch in all the assets (models, icons) in for the event. I doubt they would wait and seperate the event patch from the MidChapter patch, when it's already parted together on the PTB. So I guess we will have MidChapter this week with an Event start on friday.
The onyl thing I can see them doing, is if the sabotage buffs plus the event causes too many abuse issues that they "hotfix" it the week after.
If the survivors break your hooks then just camp their visceral cankers.
This, normal hooks I don't mind much during events unless you do it right in front of me, event hooks you die slowly and painfully.
I just wanted an excuse to say visceral canker really.
Visceral canker. (I said it again)
Visceral canker.
If survivors sabo the event hooks, then the floor around the event gens will become very bloody. Once evreyone is downed, you wait a bit until event hooks respawn and voila