Controller Killer Advice

Hey, I haven't really played in a while (completely missed the past 2 chapters) due to my PC going to #########.

Due to a recent post about the switch eventually getting cross progression (soon™) I decided to buy it again on switch and just play there until either that happens or I can afford a new PC.

Now I used to average red ranks on both sides and while I'm struggling slightly with skillcheck latency on survivor (just not used to controllers) my main problem is killer.

I can't hit anyone half the time. All they have to do is wiggle slightly and with the combination of lower frames, less reactive movement, and no precision (once I'm swinging in a direction I'm far more commited than if I had a mouse.)

It's a real stab in the heart being 360ed with ease after laughing it off for so long. And almost worse smacking every pallet I swing through due to how imprecise the movement is.

Any advice for combatting this on controller?

Comments

  • Welcome to the world of console killers. I was hoping they would announce cross progression or at least mouse and keyboard support for consoles on the stream but its not happening.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Well controller's already bad for reasons I've pointed out in another thread, but the Switch...hoo boy. If you're not using the pro controller, I highly suggest you do so. The joy cons are absolutely awful.

    Yeah. First thing I did was switch to my pro. While the joy cons work well enough for most games, that was a hard no from me.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Welcome to the world of console killers. I was hoping they would announce cross progression or at least mouse and keyboard support for consoles on the stream but its not happening.

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1367601699616149504?s=20

    They have confirmed that it will be coming to switch eventually, just no date. I was really hoping it'd be on this stream too though, given it was 2 months ago that they confirmed it as "near future". Though, I should have known better given the ol' "soon™"

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2217679#Comment_2217679

    In that case, welcome to a combination of low FoV, low frame rate, a poor response curve, and a lack of digital input when dealing with wiggling.

    The best way to deal with 360s under these conditions is to get up close and personal and abuse the attack cone. A way to deal with the movement issue while someone is wiggling is to shift your camera the opposite way they're wiggling so that they shove you toward your destination, particularly if you're getting stuck around doorways and such.

    Other than that, it's just practice/muscle memory. You're in for a ride.

    Thank you. I'll do my best with that advice.

    And I'll definitely never take console complaints lightly again

  • Killer on console is really hard. I played most of my time on PS4 and was a killer main there. Sometimes it helps to look down a bit and follow the survivor movement like that. This also helps when they try to duck under your view. Sometimes its better to use a quick attack instead of the lunge, if the survs are really close and try to spin around you. Maybe also choose a killer at first, who does not need that much precision, like Bubba. But I switched to PC now because of this and its a different world for killers. Survs is much easier on console. But despite what the devs say, DBD needs alot of precision as a killer. Just keep trying and you will get better. But it will always be more difficult than on pc.